Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Jon Jones is Hated

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Great strikers, im just not trying to spark another debate in here. Naming Overeem for example will mostly bring out the "overroid" talk and etc. My problem is when you have ignorant ppl like BonesKnows who would claim Jones striking is at that level. That's just ridiculous talk. Spong as well to name another is a fuckin monster striker and could be a serious threat at lhw if he can get his wrestling up there as well.

My main point is Jones like every fighter has holes in their game but other guys have to improve while Jones for the most part leans on his size advantages to cover his holes. He obviously trains (just to be clear before the fangirls get mad) but really what have we seen "new and improved" from him? And no the little head movement shit we saw with Tex was more him playing with an old tired brawler just headhunting. The Gus rematch should show if he adds any new weapons to his game.
    So you are not trying to spark another debate in here yet you make an ignorant statement such as there are no world class strikers in MMA.

For all the reasons Bonesknows has been wrong in his defense you have been just as wrong in Mich of your criticism. Both of you are at complete opposite ends and taking only what hightlights your point. That leads to terrible post.

Until these guys pointed out they thought Jones was dirty you would always and still do harp on his reach and size advantage and claim Gus equals him in size and reach so he will defeat him. Well guess what you could say the same about Gus if he does win. So up until guys like riv cat ice and hell even me pointed out that Jones fights dirty your argument was weak at best. Size and reach is only an advantage if you have the skills and knowledge to use it. I'm pretty sure it was you that said Jones was talentless in an earlier post.

Everything except for the dirty tactics that you bring up about Jones is also a slam against Gus. If it's just size then why was there fight so close?

Maybe I'm missing something but I can't follow you or Bone's line thinking half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Great strikers, im just not trying to spark another debate in here. Naming Overeem for example will mostly bring out the "overroid" talk and etc.
    Steroids do not make you a better striker.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Literally cant wait haha.
    Literally or figuratively?
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Steroids do not make you a better striker.

I agree they definitely don't but that's another topic

Literally or figuratively?
    Lol can't even take what Jones girlfriend says seriously, she's ducked idk how many questions here then agrees with everyone else since she can't make her own points.

Wrong, I was calling the elbows to throat of Vitor dirty. And before that even with Shogun but I wasn't a member here yet.

Gus is a tall guy with only about a 76.5" reach. His stats were changed to 79 to hype the Jones fight more about him not having the reach advantages he normally does. Just like when they had Carwin as taller than Brock when he clearly wasn't. But anyway just to entertain your comparison. Gus doesn't use oblique kicks, paw ppls heads and pokes them in the eyes, has solid footwork and boxing. Also his striking defense doesn't consist of just extending his arm out and running back.

Of the two Jones is obviously the more rounded guy but he doesn't improve his holes, he leans on his size advantage. Which is why I said the most intriguing part about the Gus rematch is if he shows any improvement over their first match.

BonerNose just got a new tat:

6. Default

There aren't any world class strikers in MMA?
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Nope. And there's no way that MMA striking is a different art because of how the techniques allowed in MMA call for adjustment. Nope. Nope. Nope. MMA striking is inferior. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    That's what i said.....holly holm?
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

1. On this issue of Jones being dirty, oblique quicks are perfectly legal, no problem with that, but the eye pokes are really dirty and can completely change a fight.

2. Jones skilled? Yes, definitely, but his massive reach advantage gives him so much extra time to react to his opponent. If he had a 74 inch reach, would we have ever heard of him? Completely doubt it.
    Last edited by VimyRidge; 05-09-2014 at 12:22 AM.

10. Default

Id still like to know where the Jones fanclub would stand on the open handed pawing to the face if it was Jon getting poked in the eye as often as he pokes his opponents.

Thread Information