Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Jon Jones is Hated

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    You give them to much credit by thinking they say the stupid stuff they do intentionally
    Heels by nature. lol
    "Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence."
    — Vince Lombardi

Bas Rutten clarifies remarks he made about Jon Jones
    Bas Rutten went to Facebook to explain himself over his recent comments. Rutten called Jon Jones a "dirty" fighter for some of his actions during the UFC champion's recent performance at UFC 172.

Wow, some people don't listen to what I say, they just "assume". This is what I meant and you can get that from what I said on Inside MMA

Jon Jones knows exactly what he's doing when he fights, that's why he is such a great fighter. He is calculated and totally aware of what he is doing.
    I said in interviews over a hundred times, that the key to be a good fighter is to be relaxed, fight the same under pressure as you do in training and you are good to go.

If Jones wouldn't have been as calm and collected I could have givin this to "oops" made a mistake.

Unless he was looking down, I said, (so he didn't know his fingers were in his eyes) he was doing it on purpose. Why else, if he's looking straight at him (I didn't check if he was looking down or up, I also said) would he put his fingers in his eyes for a couple of seconds?

Now the question was if he was a dirty fighter based on the eye pokes, to me THAT was dirty but it's not that he's doing anything else illegal.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Do fellow UFC fighters believe Jon Jones' tactics make him a dirty fighter?

Despite an impressive performance in his most recent UFC title win, Jon Jones (20-1 MMA, 14-1 UFC) continues to come under heavy fire for using tactics that some perceive as “dirty.”
    Recently, former UFC heavyweight champion and current AXS TV analyst Bas Rutten admitted he felt Jones’ tendency to reach forward with an open hand, which sometimes results in an eye poke, was a technique that needs to change.
    But others have suggested Jones’ oft-used lineal kicks to the knee – and even the shoulder lock he used to injure Glover Teixeira at UFC 172 – are unscrupulous attacks.
    While at a Wednesday media session at Urijah Faber’s famed Ultimate Fitness gym, home of Team Alpha Male, MMAjunkie asked a few high-profile competitors to offer up their opinion on Jones’ efforts. UFC veterans Joseph Benavidez, Chad Mendes, Chris Holdsworth, T.J. Dillashaw,Alexis Davis and David Mitchell all gave their thoughts.
    [/COLOR]
    Video in link; cannot be embedded to thread

^^ go figure, not one of the UFC fighters in that video said Jones was a dirty fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    ^^ go figure, not one of the UFC fighters in that video said Jones was a dirty fighter.
    Of course they didn't because if they did the media wouldn't shut the fuck up about it. It means nothing in regards to whether or not he is a dirty fighter.hey are simply avoiding drama and bad PR
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Of course they didn't because if they did the media wouldn't shut the fuck up about it. It means nothing in regards to whether or not he is a dirty fighter.hey are simply avoiding drama and bad PR
    Really? It seemed to me as if they were stating their actual opinions on the matter. I think he needs to be more careful with his technique. If he has a serious eye poke in his next few fights I will agree with the majority on this thread. Now that it is public and he has clearly heard about it.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Thread Information