Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Jon Jones is Hated

What's in the video? I can't see it.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

^^^ Hahaha, good one.

I thought both videos were funny. Ha-ha.

I would simply point this out:

LeBron James is a young, successful athlete at the top of his sport who has been much maligned over the years for some bad decisions. Could you even remotely imagine him making a video like that and aiming it at basketball fans who criticize him for getting away with travelling, fouls, and flopping?

I suspect the answer is NO.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

That video was hilarious...but not in a good way. The crazy thing about Jones is that he is actually genuinely a jerk(want to use other words but don't wanna get banned) when most of the other guys just do it to hype fights. Jones has multiple times been forced to remove stuff from social media because he was being such an idiot. He's just so unlikeable. I try to like him but I just can't.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I thought the video was funny. Shows two things, that he doesn't give a shit about "going out there and getting more fans" and 2, he most go out on the interwebz and see whats being said about him.
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

It really doesn't matter at this point what he does or says. he can say that he doesn't care what the fans think, but he obviously cares a shitload. He needs to learn to embrace it and focus on winning fights. Regardless of what people say, claiming they will not watch him fight again, his fight with Goose will most likely be the highest earning card of the year, if there is remotely ANY other fights of note on the card. He doesn't need to go out and earn fans, he just needs to go out and stomp guts....preferably with closed fists.
    LJS-NEMS

Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    It really doesn't matter at this point what he does or says. he can say that he doesn't care what the fans think, but he obviously cares a shitload. He needs to learn to embrace it and focus on winning fights. Regardless of what people say, claiming they will not watch him fight again, his fight with Goose will most likely be the highest earning card of the year, if there is remotely ANY other fights of note on the card. He doesn't need to go out and earn fans, he just needs to go out and stomp guts....preferably with closed fists.
    Machida vs Weidman will be the highest earning card of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Machida vs Weidman will be the highest earning card of the year.
    If the rest of their cards are somewhat comparable, i would wager heavily against that.
    LJS-NEMS

Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    If the rest of their cards are somewhat comparable, i would wager heavily against that.
    That card is stacked and Ronda is on it who aparently is a big draw, no where near better than brock like Dana stated but still probably one of the biggest draws considering she got 350k buys for one of the shittiest cards ever against a basically unknown challenger. Chael vs Wanderlei will also boost the buy rate imo.

10. Default

Fedor, for you to say Jon Jones doesn't care about the fans or the "haters", I would challenge that and say if he didn't care, he wouldn't respond in interviews or make videos.

Thread Information