Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 24 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 431

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Jon Jones is Hated

  1. #131
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Please dont call him Fedor.

    PS Jones clearly cares and clearly is well aware that he is a dirty fighter.
    In response to Sak, I never said he cares about the haters, I said he doesn't care about gaining more fans. I think Jones has a dual personality, part of him does want to be loved and then the other part of him loves playing the heel.

    And for a lot of you still complaining about him being a dirty fighter, I will give you ONLY the eye pokes.... which result in that open handed/palming technique he uses to keep distance. He pokes the next fighter in the eye and I wouldn't be shocked if a point is deducted right away. Everything else he does in within the rules of UFC therefore NOT dirty. The headbutt to Shoguns abdomen, the viscous elbows he hits people with, the arm crank, the oblique kicks ..... all legal. I know it must suck that he has dominated almost every fighter at 205, but to say he is dirty with those tactics I just mention is a false statement. That would have been like saying Anderson was dirty with all the foot stomps he has done to numerous opponents. They are all perfectly legal and until rules are changed. Not dirty.
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

    Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,938

    Default

    For many people, just because something is legal doesn't mean it isn't dirty.

    You're also leaving out elbows to the back of the head, forearms across the throat, and a host of other issues, but if you left them out, you clearly don't care about them, and bringing them up won't convince you. But you're statements aren't convincing anyone who thinks he's dirty.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    Yeah, Bye.

  3. #133
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,540

    Default

    I tried repeatedly to explain that dirty and illegal were in no way synonymous and my face turned blue. I'd contend that they are quite different and that's why dirty players/fighters are so oft-maligned.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I tried repeatedly to explain that dirty and illegal were in no way synonymous and my face turned blue. I'd contend that they are quite different and that's why dirty players/fighters are so oft-maligned.
    2 things..... 1)I have not seen your post/opinion on that so I apologize and 2)I have a feeling peoples opinion on what is dirty in sports, especially MMA is going to differ big time. In my humble opinion, things like foot stomps, oblique kicks or even a fighter trying to hurt an opponent to knock them our are not dirty, just toots within the rules to gain an advantage over another. But of course, to each their own
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

    Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FedortheCan View Post
    In response to Sak, I never said he cares about the haters, I said he doesn't care about gaining more fans. I think Jones has a dual personality, part of him does want to be loved and then the other part of him loves playing the heel.

    And for a lot of you still complaining about him being a dirty fighter, I will give you ONLY the eye pokes.... which result in that open handed/palming technique he uses to keep distance. He pokes the next fighter in the eye and I wouldn't be shocked if a point is deducted right away. Everything else he does in within the rules of UFC therefore NOT dirty. The headbutt to Shoguns abdomen, the viscous elbows he hits people with, the arm crank, the oblique kicks ..... all legal. I know it must suck that he has dominated almost every fighter at 205, but to say he is dirty with those tactics I just mention is a false statement. That would have been like saying Anderson was dirty with all the foot stomps he has done to numerous opponents. They are all perfectly legal and until rules are changed. Not dirty.
    The point I was making was that he would not have made that video if he did not think he was a dirty fighter. Regardless Jones has proved time and time again to use dirty tactics.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  6. #136
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,938

    Default

    So...here's a question for the jones-isn't-dirty-at-all crowd:

    Was it dirty when Belfort whiffed a headkick at Jones while he was still doing his goofy cage-crawl?

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    Yeah, Bye.

  7. #137
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    So...here's a question for the jones-isn't-dirty-at-all crowd:

    Was it dirty when Belfort whiffed a headkick at Jones while he was still doing his goofy cage-crawl?

    rh
    Of course it was dirty. Vitor was roid-raging and had to be shipped off and hidden in Brazil to cover it up.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  9. #139
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,096

    Default

    Im a big jones fan and i would have loved to see him eat foot doin that dumb shit. Would have been a DQ and prolly some replaced teeth but maybe he would finally learn he isnt the little dude from Bloodsport
    LJS-NEMS

  10. #140
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    So...here's a question for the jones-isn't-dirty-at-all crowd:

    Was it dirty when Belfort whiffed a headkick at Jones while he was still doing his goofy cage-crawl?

    rh
    Not at all. Jones shouldn't be doing that crap, I don't like it. Also Vitor didn't hit him, it was his little warning to Jones he better be ready
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

    Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •