Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Jon Jones is Hated

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    I think a lot of this started when him and Rashad both trained at jacksons and said they wouldn't fight each other, then Jones went behind Rashads back and acted like Rashad was the one who was scared.
    To Jones credit, it appears even Rashad has 'forgiven' him for that...
    Jon Jones and Rashad Evans all smiles after burying the hatchet backstage at UFC 172 weigh ins

Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 04-28-2014 at 11:47 PM.

^ I have seen a lot of dirty things by Jones but have missed most of those. Man he is pretty dirty. Almost looks like fingers to the eyes is a tactic by Jones. Dirty.

With his fingers extended, how much longer is his reach advantage? Serious question.

If his middle finger is around 4 inches, would that give him an 8 inch advantage. Or do they measure it opened hand? If so, you would have to chop off 8 inches off the opponents reach, assuming they keep their hands closed and not for Jones.

He is so blatantly dirty that it is upsetting. Someone at the commission needs to coach the refs and Jones himself before his fights and let him know that none of the nonsense is going to be tolerated. He does it so often that they need to stop giving warnings and start taking points.

Honestly, I hate him for all of the reasons already mentioned, but here's one to add to the list...

Last edited by Fe1; 04-28-2014 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Also, hey Cat I have a couple to add to your list...

Grabbing the throat

Headbutt

Is there any rule against wearing goggles in the cage? Something tells me that they would be Jones' kryptonite.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    He is so blatantly dirty that it is upsetting. Someone at the commission needs to coach the refs and Jones himself before his fights and let him know that none of the nonsense is going to be tolerated. He does it so often that they need to stop giving warnings and start taking points.

Honestly, I hate him for all of the reasons already mentioned, but here's one to add to the list...

Don't forget his walk out music to go with that dance was "the champ is here!"
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I'm going to throw out a pre-emptive warning here: thus far, most of the criticism has been valid and supported, but threads like this have a way of degenerating into "fighter X is a cheating asshole!" or "fuck you hater pussies."

don't.

I'd also question what the goal of the article is. There are several different schools of thought in journalism, but low-hanging fruit indicates that controversy is good: if people disagree with your piece, they'll talk about it, and your name/product in their mouth is beneficial. That's commonly been disproved as a solid long-term plan, but there are a ton of hacks that still subscribe to it.

If you're going for controversy, using absolutes is standard...calling him the greatest fighter of a generation, assuming that people either love him or hate him, those kind of things...they're going to elicit a strong response.

If you're looking for a more moderate article that actually raises the level of intelligence and understanding of your audience, you'd want to avoid that, and make a genuine effort to consider opposing viewpoints and account for them.

I believe this effort could fall into either category with a bit of work.

rh
    Last edited by rivethead; 04-28-2014 at 05:32 AM.
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information