Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Jon Jones is Hated

Oh you mean this one. Looks more like a jab.....with fingers.....to his eyes.....

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Oh you mean this one. Looks more like a jab.....with fingers.....to his eyes.....
    So you think that was intentional? Wouldn't it be more effective to straighten your fingers if your objective is to poke your opponents eye?
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    So you think that was intentional? Wouldn't it be more effective to straighten your fingers if your objective is to poke your opponents eye?
    You expect him to be as blatant as Moe from the three stooges? I think Jon will do whatever he can get away with. He has poked many of his opponents in the eyes. Honestly if you are constantly palming someone's face how can it still be considered an accident when you poke them in the eyes? How can his disregard for his opponents be any more obvious? If I continuously speed down the road and get tickets eventually it would seem as though I am intending to get a ticket. I understand the outcome of my decision even if I don't get a ticket every time I still get pulled over. It might as well be on purpose.

I should put out a video on instagram. That'll fix it. Disposableassassin gets lots of tickets muh he's the biggest speeder on the road muh. There now everyone should believe that I shouldn't be penalized for speeding. Cops are just haters. Its not like my actions are endangering anyone elses health.
    Last edited by disposableassassin; 05-02-2014 at 10:45 PM.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

4. 05-02-2014, 11:33 PM

You expect him to be as blatant as Moe from the three stooges?
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

How can his disregard for his opponents be any more obvious? If I continuously speed down the road and get tickets eventually it would seem as though I am intending to get a ticket. I understand the outcome of my decision even if I don't get a ticket every time I still get pulled over. It might as well be on purpose.

I should put out a video on instagram. That'll fix it. Disposableassassin gets lots of tickets muh he's the biggest speeder on the road muh. There now everyone should believe that I shouldn't be penalized for speeding. Cops are just haters. Its not like my actions are endangering anyone elses health.
    Look DA, just because you're always getting tickets doesn't mean you're a speeder - just that while trying to get to your destination faster than everybody else you consistently exceed the speed limit. See the difference? And the fact that speeding is inherently dangerous to other people on the road is utterly irrelevant, because you're not intending to speed. It's all about the intent, brah.

Boners frequently poke people in the eye socket. Your momma wasn't lying when she said you could put an eye out with that thing.

To me the issue isn't so much the open hand as it is the jab like motion he throws with an open hand. Its one thing to defend with an open hand its another thing to paw at someone's face.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Its pathetic how its used in his case. The fingers are extended basically as threat for his opponent to walk into a poke for pushing forward. Close your hand, simple as that. The guy has been allowed to get away with all that shit cuz he's champ. The gif of him poking Texeira doesn't look accidental at all.
    While not supporting what Jones does with the eyepokes there are two objective ways to look at it...

- That he is flat out doing it intentionally to use the threat of being poked in the eye as a defense like you and others have suggested.

- Second being that he is using the outstretched hand to create as much space for himself as possible and control his opponents positioning to take full advantage of his reach. In doing so naturally you are going to use an open hand as it allows you to grab quicker as well as deflect better then you would with a closed fist.

Personally I don't think he is doing the latter of the two I don't really think there is an intention there to hit the eyes it would be a dumb move on his part to intentionally go out there looking to do so knowing full well that at some point it would catch up to him. I do agree with what others have said that the refs need to cut this behaviour out from the get go, but the problem is they don't want to be the one influencing a championship match by taking points. MMA refs in general are very gun shy about taking points in even prelim matches much less main events.

I'd like to take this opportunity to bring to everyone's attention the time Anthony johnson was poked in the eye and it dislocated his eyeball. This is the perfect fight to illustrate the very real danger prodding your opponent with an open hand can pose. The guy johnson was fighting was employing a similar stance to what Jones uses. With so many pokes now on Jones resume I'd wager its honestly just a matter of time before this behavior brings about a similar result.
    That fight still pisses me off. Easily one of the worst calls in the history of MMA. The fact that the ref called that a TKO was absolutely sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I can't wait to see whose fucking eyes get poked out next after GustafASSon loses again.

Thread Information