Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Jon Jones is Hated

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    1intheass wooooo you sure got me there
    Ahem...

you're mom said the same thing.

ZING!

Ok, I'm done. You may continue to contribute meaningful material to the board while I contribute the opposite. Good job.

I called him 1intheass in his first week posting. Hahaha.

He does a lot of dirty things, but the oblique and are crank, I am guessing are legal so ok.

Everytime Jones pawed my face I'd fake an eye poke ala Kos ........ pts be coming off quick....

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Everytime Jones pawed my face I'd fake an eye poke ala Kos ........ pts be coming off quick....
    They let jones get away with eye pokes a lot when he actually does poke them in the eye so i doubt they'd call it is it was a fake. The only reason that the fight was stopped for the first eye poke against glover was bc Jones himself actually stopped(a surprisingly classy move). Big Dan didn't do anything at first. He truly is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    He does a lot of dirty things, but the oblique and are crank, I am guessing are legal so ok.
    They are legal. Most people think they shouldnt be but there are so you cant really fault him.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

In my honest opinion, the arm crank was a thing of beauty. I have seen that submission opportunity present in manny MMA fights but nobody ever capitalizes on it.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

I don't like the way Jones paws at his opponents face. I don't like the way Jones kicks right above his opponents knee cap. But I had no problem with the arm crank on Teixeira.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Here is my question, if Jones was confident in this eye pokes and his criticism of the fans calling him out (boohoo video), why is he constantly deleting his posts soon after they are posted? If Jones truly believes in say his open hand defense or whatever else he has felt the need to shit talk over social media in the past, then man up and own your opinion. Dont be all ballsy and post your opinion (whether it be popular or not) and then chicken out and pull it down a few minutes later. This video is not the first time Jones has posted something only to yank it down soon after.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 05-04-2014 at 11:42 AM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Glover Teixeira admits to making 'big mistake' against Jon Jones at UFC 172
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/4/...al-has-to-stop
    Some fans called Jones a "dirty fighter" for putting his hand on Teixeira’s face during the fight, which led to a couple eye pokes. Teixeira won’t go that far, but thinks it has to stop.

"I don’t think it was intentional, but the referee needs to start putting some pressure on who does that," he said. "I was a little afraid to close the distance and get poked in the eye again and maybe stop the fight. The second eye poke really scared me because I thought it could hurt my eye.

"I knew I was losing the rounds but we always believe that one punch can change it, but it’s hard to do it when you have to worry about getting poked in the eye. I don’t think it was intentional, but you have to be careful with that."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Default All The Jones Pics/Vids

I do NOT want to start a fight on here! That's my first order of business.
    So no fighting folks... just honest opinions.

Prior to the Texeira fight I had NEVER considered Bones a dirty fighter.
    The thought didn't even enter my mind.

But immediately following the fight I started hearing about the "eye pokes".
    Then, I started seeing the gifs you guys were posting...
    The one with Rampage.
    The one with Glover.
    The one with... well... there were a LOT of them!

But it SEEMS like extending his hand, fingers out, DIRECTLY into his opponents face, is a tactic that Jones likes to use.
    The vid clip with Rampage is perhaps the MOST outrageous that I've seen. Jones actually FOLLOWS his face while he bobs and weaves!

My point?
    More of a question really.

People have stated that the outstretched arms are for "gauging distance".
    But after seeing all the vids/pics you guys have posted... it SEEMS to me that he isn't trying to gauge the distance... but that he is literally trying to put his fingers in people's faces.
    NOT poke them in the eye (I won't go that far as to suggest that's his goal)
    But it sure seems like he is deliberately trying to obscure his opponent's vision.

Am I way off?

Again... no FIGHTING folks! Don't want to be an instigator.
    Just seriously shocked by what I have seen on here... and what I have apparently been oblivious to??!

Do other fighter's do this, and I just don't notice?!!?
    Or is this something Jones has come up with?

Thread Information