Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Jon Jones is Hated

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Struve would be champ if all you needed was length to be numero uno. Fortunately, Jon Jones watched The Three Stooges while growing up.
    there is a bit more to it than that. You have a higher percentage of HW fighters who have one-strike KO power at the HW division, you have fighters who are closer to his length advantage than the one bones boasts at LHW--and probably most relevant to the actual thread--Struve might not be as willing to do the things bones does in order to win.

What's Struve's biggest win to date? Miocic. What is the one fight where he's been accused of poking someone's eye? Miocic.

Other than that, I can't remember him eye poking anyone or throwing oblique kicks, or elbows to the throat or back of the head, things like that.

But to dismiss it as "oh if it was reach, Struve would be champ" is an incredibly shortsighted and spurious argument.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

My comment was facetious, by the by. Take those serious goggles off.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    was that really necessary? You hate him that much for being biased towards his favorite fighter that you resort to irrelevant personal insults?

Awe, cupcake, dont be so sensitive.

I dont hate Bones. I think he is bias towards anything pro Jones but that is about the extent of it. Bones has always been able to take the jests I throw his way so I didnt think he would be to offended by what was supposed to be a joke.

Plus, we all know it was not Bones tattoo Sniggs posted and we all know Bones doesnt still live at home with his parents....... or do we?
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 05-09-2014 at 07:51 PM. Reason: My poor english skills
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Figured I just throw this into the Jones Hate thread and not make a whole new post. What fight do you think would sell more: Jones vs Goose 2 or Jones (as champ) vs DC?
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

Jones/goose 2

The rematch for sure. DC needs to cement himself not just within the LHW division but also with the UFC casuals. Goose has done so by putting the worst beating on Boner we have ever seen.

As others said, the Goose rematch. I'm sure there will be lots of replays and pictures of Jones fat lip, maybe we'll even see him getting into the ambulance after the fight.

The rematch will be bigger but both will be huge. Daniel Cormier is going to get a lot of hype after he knocks Hendo's head off.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    As others said, the Goose rematch. I'm sure there will be lots of replays and pictures of Jones fat lip, maybe we'll even see him getting into the ambulance after the fight.

This should be one hell of a rematch!
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

10. 05-09-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    The rematch will be bigger but both will be huge. Daniel Cormier is going to get a lot of hype after he knocks Hendo's head off.
    Sad but true. Hendo will probably get ko'd here. His durability is fading, it showed in the Shogun rematch. He got rocked a few times but he can still always find a way to land that overhand.

Thread Information