Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Jon Jones is Hated

Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    Some dont like his dirty tactics, but GSP and Diaz use the same open palm retreat and pawing (not as frequently) ...
    But the problem with that logic is Jones has more eyepokes than Anderson and Georges combined. I've never seen either of them warned about keeping an open hand in their opponents face. I've certainly never seen them keep an open hand in their opponents face after being warned. And while Anderson uses the oblique kick--yes, it's legal, but it's bullshit--neither Anderson or Georges grab anyone's throat or put their forearm across it.

Again, I don't hate jones, but dismissing his eyepokes by saying "Anderson and Georges leave their hand extended" doesn't support your statement. It actually proves the opposite of your point.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    This literally adds nothing to the forum. Please find somewhere else to troll.

rh
    I would only respectfully ask what 8 pages of people crying, complaining about, and insulting the greatest fighter of this generation adds to the forum. Haters need somewhere to hate I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    I would only respectfully ask what 8 pages of people crying, complaining about, and insulting the greatest fighter of this generation adds to the forum. Haters need somewhere to hate I suppose.
    Discussion of technique = gainful thread contributions
    You have to know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Fighters are taught to keep their hands open to not gas out their arms, and then having the advantage to LITERALLY place your hand on the other fighter - knowing he cant hit you from where he is - gives you the best judgement on distance you can have. You know EXACTLY how far your opponent is away from you, if that results in an eye poke every once in a while so be it. By no means do i think Jones is intentionally poking people in the eyes, because THAT would make him a dirty fighter.

Now that is some faulty logic. I dont even think I have to go into why as I am sure it is glaringly obvious.

In all seriousness, is there a fight that made it out of the first round in which Jones did not poke someone in the eye or do some other 'dirty' move?

6. Default

Tommy Toe Hold
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

I don't hate Jon Jones. He disappoints me repeatedly.

To explain, he has the natural talents, body type, coaching, and the benefit of reaping all of these while just entering his physical prime. That's an amazing mixture at a time where MMA is finally embraced for the multitude of skills its fighters possess.

HOWEVER, Jones CHOOSES to utilize tactics which are questionable. He acts like a 16 year-old child on social media. He says ridiculously arrogant things in interviews which cannot be mistaken for confidence. His whole persona is a caricature of what he THINKS is saying/doing the right things. It's not him. It's contrived and you can see it when he's asked a question that derails him or he gets into a real argument.

I hope this young man is actually challenged and becomes the champion he is capable of being. That moniker has very little to do with wins and title defenses and everything to do with how he carries himself and reacts to the daily stresses of the position his physical talents have elevated him to.

It's funny that I compare JBJ to Roy Jones Jr. in the way they have dominated opponents and are/were so far ahead of their competition but it's true. Hell, both suffered their first "defeat" due to a "foul" where they threw an illegal strike to a downed opponent.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    I'm going to write this off as more trolling, or just an incredibly unintelligent/dualistic persona. Either way, I have no more patience for it.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Jones is a beast! I dont like his duck lips he does in his pics and I dont always like the things he says in interviews or his posts but I dont have a single problem with the way he fights.

Intentional eye gouging is dirty (which he doesnt do)
    Nut shots are dirty (which he doesnt do)
    Holding on to subs too long is dirty (which he doesnt do)
    Biting, scratching, finger/toe locks are dirty (which he doesnt do)
    Late shots to a clearly ko'd opponent ala Dan Henderson, is dirty (which Jones doesnt do)

I clearly remember Wandy putting his hand over Jardines throat as he punched him into the next lifetime and not one person said one thing about it, I think it was joked about as the rape choke.

They way I look at it, fans have double standards and the people on this forum are no exception (myself included).

p.s. Whoever called that a headbutt against Shogun needs to get their eyes checked. He hit him with his chin on his sternum... if you think that is dirty you should probably just stop watching fighting altogether.
    Last edited by 0mega1; 04-29-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post

I clearly remember Wandy putting his hand over Jardines throat as he punched him into the next lifetime and not one person said one thing about it, I think it was joked about as the rape choke.

They way I look at it, fans have double standards and the people on this forum are no exception (myself included).

p.s. Whoever called that a headbutt against Shogun needs to get their eyes checked. He hit him with his chin on his sternum... if you think that is dirty you should probably just stop watching fighting altogether.
    Or when rampage rape chocked wandy for 3 extra shots when he was KTFO already. That was okay because they had beef. Or Anderson grabbing multiple shorts against chael, and up kicking okami. Its funny, people dont talk about Jones winning against Glover - they talk about how dirty he is. Anderson beats chael a second time and its "fuck chael, he just got smashed blah blah blah" when the knee came seconds after an anderson silva short grab - which was his only offense of the entire fight - but nothing is ever said about him being dirty in that fight.

I'll just chalk that up to yet ANOTHER double standard around here.

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

Thread Information