Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 428

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Jon Jones is Hated

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,390

    Default

    Just to correct a great deal of your attempt at revisionist history:

    A. Nearly everyone took offense to Rampage's additional blows.
    B. Anderson was DQ'ed for the upkick.
    C. Nearly everyone save some huggers thought Anderson's knee was illegal anyway.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Just to correct a great deal of your attempt at revisionist history:

    A. Nearly everyone took offense to Rampage's additional blows.
    Yet it is one of the most celebrated knockouts in UFC and possibly even MMA history - just like Hendos on bisping / wandy. Weird.

    B. Anderson was DQ'ed for the upkick.
    yes he was, yet from what i remember around the 2nd okami fight people were defending it saying how it was a mistake, how he was use to it before, hes not dirty, etc, etc.

    C. Nearly everyone save some huggers thought Anderson's knee was illegal anyway.
    So because they thought a perfectly legal knee was illegal, it makes up for the blatantly illegal move that result in said knee? And they can just brush it off as if nothing happened?
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 04-29-2014 at 03:24 PM.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Or when rampage rape chocked wandy for 3 extra shots when he was KTFO already. That was okay because they had beef. Or Anderson grabbing multiple shorts against chael, and up kicking okami. Its funny, people dont talk about Jones winning against Glover - they talk about how dirty he is. Anderson beats chael a second time and its "fuck chael, he just got smashed blah blah blah" when the knee came seconds after an anderson silva short grab - which was his only offense of the entire fight - but nothing is ever said about him being dirty in that fight.

    I'll just chalk that up to yet ANOTHER double standard around here.
    First off, Anderson was suspended for that upkick against Okami.

    Second off, people were talking about Anderson being dirty after the second Chael fight with the shorts grab

    Finally, another example of a champ being called out on dirty tactics is Aldo and his fence grab.

  4. #84

    Default

    To me the term "dirty fighter" applies to more than just performing illegal moves. Some moves while not illegal are certainly morally questionable. Jones performs moves he himself said are dirty in other sports like wrestling. Joe Soto punched that poor fool in the balls a thousand times. Was it illegal? No. Was it morally questionable? Certainly. Now Jon can do what he wants to do to win. He's well within his rights to do so. People are also well within their rights to complain. I think alot of the questionable things Jon does should be illegal. That's my opinion. I don't like his false sense of humility either. These are the primary reasons I do not like him. Not because he cheats but because I think he will do whatever he can get away with to win.


    move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Yet it is one of the most celebrated knockouts in UFC and possibly even MMA history - just like Hendos on bisping / wandy. Weird.



    yes he was, yet from what i remember around the 2nd okami fight people were defending it saying how it was a mistake, how he was use to it before, hes not dirty, etc, etc.



    So because they thought a perfectly legal knee was illegal, it makes up for the blatantly illegal move that result in said knee? And they can just brush it off as if nothing happened?
    Can you simply admit that your argument was not only weak but simply silly and lacked any substance at all?

    We get it, you will defend Jones.

    Now, be a real fan of your boy and point out the things he can improve upon to become the champion his fans deserve. Otherwise, you're settling for whatever he decides to give you; whether it's "80%" dedication, a fake persona, or questionable/borderline dirty tactics.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Just to correct a great deal of your attempt at revisionist history:

    A. Nearly everyone took offense to Rampage's additional blows.
    B. Anderson was DQ'ed for the upkick.
    C. Nearly everyone save some huggers thought Anderson's knee was illegal anyway.
    I'd add, Henderson caused outrage when he hit Bisping after he was out, as well as strikes to the back of Fedor and Shogun's respective heads.

    Dirty is dirty, regardless of who is doing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    ...Jones performs moves he himself said are dirty in other sports like wrestling...
    I thought the rest of your post made sense, but the arm crank wasn't dirty. Glover set himself up for that with weak positioning. MMA isn't wrestling, it's submission grappling, and that was no different from an armbar, or a kneebar or a [legal] choke.

    But I liked what you said about dirty not automatically equating to illegal. There are a lot of guys who look at their favorite fighters in a very black-and-white dualistic sense: if you're not with me, you're against me, and there is no grey area. That's not a mature or informed perspective.

    It's the same thing with ducking challengers doesn't automatically equate to being "scared" of them, etc.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    Yeah, Bye.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Yet it is one of the most celebrated knockouts in UFC and possibly even MMA history - just like Hendos on bisping / wandy. Weird.



    yes he was, yet from what i remember around the 2nd okami fight people were defending it saying how it was a mistake, how he was use to it before, hes not dirty, etc, etc.



    So because they thought a perfectly legal knee was illegal, it makes up for the blatantly illegal move that result in said knee? And they can just brush it off as if nothing happened?
    I disagree, Rampage's slam on Arona is pretty popular. You also see Franklin's KO Stiffness of Nate Quarry on many UFC intro promos. I would rank Gabriel Gonzaga's KO of Crocop and Rampage's KO of Chuck ahead of Page over Wandy.
    You have to know what you don't know.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post
    I disagree, Rampage's slam on Arona is pretty popular. You also see Franklin's KO Stiffness of Nate Quarry on many UFC intro promos. I would rank Gabriel Gonzaga's KO of Crocop and Rampage's KO of Chuck ahead of Page over Wandy.
    And was Arona ko'd by the slam, or the headbutt? Because if you say headbutt, wouldnt that classify Rampage as a dirty fighter as well (adding that to the rape choke from wandy)

    I said one of the greatest - im not sure where it actually fell on the UFC top knockout list but if my memory doesnt mistake me im pretty sure it fell within the top 10 all time. [Feel free to correct me with the actual number if anyone remembers]

    All of the KO's you put fall into the same category as one of the greatest knockouts in mma. no disagreement there.
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 04-29-2014 at 04:44 PM.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    8,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Just to correct a great deal of your attempt at revisionist history:

    A. Nearly everyone took offense to Rampage's additional blows.
    B. Anderson was DQ'ed for the upkick.
    C. Nearly everyone save some huggers thought Anderson's knee was illegal anyway.
    All but C were correct. The knee was borderline and the responses the following days here showed that there was no consensus. Youdont h e o be a nuthugger to see it as legal.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post
    I disagree, Rampage's slam on Arona is pretty popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    And was Arona ko'd by the slam, or the headbutt? Because if you say headbutt, wouldnt that classify Rampage as a dirty fighter as well (adding that to the rape choke from wandy)
    ...not to mention, jackson was out before he lifted Arona and slammed/headbutted him. But yes, it wasn't the slam, it was the headbutt, and I've been critical of rampage since it happened.

    I said one of the greatest - im not sure where it actually fell on the UFC top knockout list but if my memory doesnt mistake me im pretty sure it fell within the top 10 all time. [Feel free to correct me with the actual number if anyone remembers]
    I'm not sure who put out the rankings you're talking about, but if you're talking something that zuffa came out with, it's going to be artificially high because it happened in the UFC, not in PRIDE FC or anywhere else. It's also going to be something UFC-only fans remember, and can give themselves the illusion of old-school cred if they saw it happen, so zuffa marketing is going to love it.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •