+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hatsu Hioki vs. Charles Oliveira added to UFC Fight Night 43 in Auckland

Default Hatsu Hioki vs. Charles Oliveira added to UFC Fight Night 43 in Auckland

Hatsu Hioki vs. Charles Oliveira added to UFC Fight Night 43 in Auckland
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/04/hatsu-h...43-in-auckland
    The UFC’s June event in New Zealand, UFC Fight Night 43, has its second bout.

Featherweights Hatsu Hioki (27-7-2 MMA, 3-3 UFC) and Charles Oliveira (17-4 MMA, 5-4 UFC) have agreed to meet at the event. Tatame first reported the booking.

UFC Fight Night 43 takes place June 28 at Vector Arena in Auckland and is expected to stream on UFC Fight Pass. The show, which features a Nate Marquardt vs. James Te Huna middleweight headliner, takes place the same day as UFC Fight Night 44 in San Antonio.

Hioki vs. Oliveira will likely take a prominent spot on the card, which marks the organization’s New Zealand debut.

How is Hunt not on this card?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

awesome fight!

Yea I guess it was only about 4 months since his fight. Which would be a 6 month turnaround. It sucks though, they have an event in New Zealand and Hunt can't be on the card. Bad luck I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Yea I guess it was only about 4 months since his fight. Which would be a 6 month turnaround. It sucks though, they have an event in New Zealand and Hunt can't be on the card. Bad luck I guess
    The heavyweight has a date in mind when he'd like to return (more on that in a moment), but reveals he had to turn down a previous offer from the UFC. And not just any offer, but the chance to fight in his native New Zealand on June 28th opposite Brendan Schaub. For Hunt, the timing along with the opponent choice just didn't work for him.

"It was not good timing," Hunt explained. "I just had a baby and I wasn't even training. It was not a good time and my hand wasn't cleared. I said no. I had no option. I don't want to lose anymore. I want to get a title shot, so there's no point in doing that. It was bad timing, that's all.

"I'm a bit disappointed I couldn't compete there, but there's always next time. It's great that it's going back down to New Zealand, of course, but there's always next time."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information