Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shlemenko baffled by UFC matchmaking, calls it an ‘incomprehensible situation’

I'm cool with the tourney concept and that could be a nice selling point when differentiating from the ZUFFA product, but over the years this veneer has eroded and as a result, they come across as hypocrites. The Curran immediate rematch is probably the most visible, but heck, Michael Chandler is given an immediate rematch having not gone through the tourney, how many LW tourney fighters are waiting in the wings? Brooks has to fight again after winning the last LW tourney and since they've booked Eddie/Chandler II and III, Dave Jensen is STILL waiting for his shot since he got injured. So do these guys forfeit their title shots due to injury? Again, Pitbull's been waiting at 145 since November, but he theoretically should have to wait in line until the Season 8 winner, Magomedrasul Khasbululaev to get his title shot, since the BFC title shots are EARNED....right?

Also, hey they never booked Tyson Nam a title fight after beating their 135 champ, Dantas, so it's very selective....almost like they're in the business of promoting fights that'll make money......

Even in the tourney format, BFC has also been quite cagey in manipulating the brackets so the ones they want to make the finals or get the title shots have a far easier run. They did a four man HW tourney so Kongo could get a fast track title shot(I mean, Mark Goodbear could've been called Jobie Jobberson) and Mo was given Noe and Petruzelli to build him back up for a title shot after the first Newton loss, so I think they play in a grey area sometimes. Joe Warren has been major league protected in those tourneys since his drop to 135....

I really want to like Bellator, but they act bush a lot of the time, but sometimes they come across really poorly.....

Couldn't agree more.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

3. Default

Wait a second.

Did he just say he can't stand the UFC title shot match making all the while fighting Tito Ortiz in his next title fight?

Is this real life?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Wait a second.

Did he just say he can't stand the UFC title shot match making all the while fighting Tito Ortiz in his next title fight?

Is this real life?
    I don't believe the Ortiz fight is a title fight. No way Ortiz makes 185.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    I don't believe the Ortiz fight is a title fight. No way Ortiz makes 185.
    It's not. He clearly stated he has always wanted to fight guys who were bigger than him and stated Tito couldn't find an opponent so he stepped up to fight at 205.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

6. Default

Ah okay.

i agree with everyone who thinks the tournament is a good thing. Thats why i really respect Bellator, they've built their own champions so it makes them appear more of a 'stand-alone' company rather than some of the other major mma organizations who seem to only try and sign big names. Even the ex-UFC guys had to enter the tournament

Matchmaking in Bellator must be a tough life.

Thread Information