Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When should Glover Teixeira get a 2nd title shot?

Default When should Glover Teixeira get a 2nd title shot?

I know Glover Teixeira just lost, but he survived 5 rounds with an injured shoulder that occurred part way through round 1 and a few eye pokes. Before the fight, I questioned whether people who picked Teixeira on the pickem's post honestly believed that Teixeira could win, however, after UFC 172, I actually think Teixeira has a chance.

I am obviously not saying an immediate rematch, but if he wins another couple against top 10 guys, I would give him another shot.

I did not see anything in that fight that would indicate that Glover has a chance against Jones. Jones inflicted the shoulder injury lets not pretend it was a fluke, it wasnt. Jones is just on another level then Glover, very similar to Cain and JDS.

I think he would have to string together 3 wins before talking about a title fight, if for no other reason then Gus is next, with DC looking to take him on next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

dude got smashed. and i mean that with no disrespect.

When Jones retires.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Rashad is expected back in the fall. I'd like to see that fight but if he wants to take one before then (and if he's cleared medically) I think a fight with Rumble could be fun. What he really needs to do is just stay busy while the rest of the division plays out. Jones has to fight Gus, then the winner of Hendo vs Cormier challenges the winner of that fight so if he gets another shot at the title, and I'm certain he will, it won't be for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    I know Glover Teixeira just lost, but he survived 5 rounds with an injured shoulder that occurred part way through round 1 and a few eye pokes. Before the fight, I questioned whether people who picked Teixeira on the pickem's post honestly believed that Teixeira could win, however, after UFC 172, I actually think Teixeira has a chance.

I am obviously not saying an immediate rematch, but if he wins another couple against top 10 guys, I would give him another shot.
    I'm curious what did you see that makes you think Glover has a chance ?

He'd need to pick up 3 wins I day before talking a title shot again and a couple of those wins should be against top guys like Cormier, Gus (if he loses to Jones), or Rashad

Nope. He looked just like Rampage headhunting.

Almost anybody will have a chance once refs star cutting Jones dirty tactic out like eyepokes/headbutts and such

I honestly thought Glover got rushed to a shot because Jones had beaten most of the division, although Tex actually did better than I thought he would. I'd say he's at least three strong wins away from a title shot, with at least a top 10 and a top 5; and if he wants to have a chance he's going to need to go back to the lab and solve some problems.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ...and if he wants to have a chance he's going to need to go back to the lab and solve some problems.

rh
    He might also want to consider a new camp, and Hackleman is absolutely useless as a cornerman. He's about as helpful as BJ Penn's corner.

He's 34 years old and looks 55. I don't know that he'll get another shot. After the injury heals it could easily take two years to put together three top ten wins. I don't see him winning top ten fights at 36.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Thread Information