Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nate Diaz Appears Ready for UFC Return; Nick Diaz… Not So Much

Default Nate Diaz Appears Ready for UFC Return; Nick Diaz… Not So Much

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nat...2671--mma.html

Both fighting Diaz brothers, Nick and Nate, have recently complained about their financial situation as it relates to their UFC contracts, going so far as to say they’d prefer to be released from their current deals to fight elsewhere than fight for the mere peanuts they now make.

After Nate Diaz tweeted a few weeks ago about wanting to be released from his UFC contract, and then opened up to MMAFighting.com about how unhappy he is with the “funny money” he’s being paid, Nick unloaded as well.

“I never considered anything other than to renegotiate my contract or fight Johny Hendricks,” Nick told MMAFighting about what his intentions were when discussing UFC president Dana White’s recent offer of a fight with Hector Lombard. “All I said was, ‘What am I getting paid?’ And he said, ‘Let me check your contract.’ And the last text I got from him was what I would be fighting for.

“I didn’t consider fighting for that kind of money. I didn’t say anything back to him, right, but usually that means something. I’m not considering even for a second fighting any of those guys for less than $500,000. There’s no way.”

Nick Diaz seems to be standing pat on his decision not to fight for anything less than half a million dollars, but Nate appears to have acquiesced.

“I think Joe Silva (talked to Nate), and Nate said he's ready to fight,” said White following Saturday night’s UFC 172 in Baltimore. “I told Joe to call him.”

White didn’t yet have any information on who or when Nate would fight, but had a strong opinion about his brother, whom he believes isn’t coming out of his pseudo-retirement anytime soon.

“No Nick. Nick's got a lot of money, man,” said White. “I think Nick's just gonna kick back until he has to fight.”

Their sitting out hurts no one but themselves. Im not fans of theirs by any means, but its going to be sad someday when they look back at the additional money they could have earned. If they truly don't want to fight anymore, then who cares, more power to them. But it seems as though they think they are punishing Dana and the UFC when it really doesn't mean much to them at all.
    LJS-NEMS

They are definitely a big draw, but not big enough in the UFC's eyes to warrant that type of payday for a regular fight.
    You have to know what you don't know.

No doubt. People watch em, I pay in the hopes to watch them lose and they always come to fight. But as you said, UFC isnt sittin by the phone sweating, hoping these guys call in. They will simply move on.
    LJS-NEMS

God I really want to see both Diaz/Lawler and Diaz/Condit rematch before it's too late.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Nick has won only 1 fight in the UFC......fuck what you think you deserve.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

I really want to see Diaz/Lawler 2, too.

I have always been against Nick but I'll be honest... I really want to see him fight. There are so many fights for Nick at WW that would be really entertaining and would be full of hype. Who wouldn't want to see Nick VS Condit II/Lawler/Rory/Lombard...
    Last edited by m1ckeykn0x; 04-29-2014 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    God I really want to see both Diaz/Lawler and Diaz/Condit rematch before it's too late.
    No doubt I'd like the Lawler fight as well. My issue is that's the only top 10 win he's ever had and it was a decade ago. People rightfully bash Bisping for never winning big fights, but seem to clamor for Diaz. Bisping is the blueprint for making money in the UFC. Be polarizing, fight anyone, win most of your fights, be borderline top 10 and most importantly toe the company line and be an ambassador for the UFC. They're very similar except for that. Diaz could be very wealthy if he had been mature. I don't like either guy or the UFC, but there is a clear path to success. Diaz never took that path and now he's not getting paid. More like Bisping and he'd be getting these fights he doesn't deserve and be paid in excess of his talent.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Not that big of a draw, and it's just getting worse for them every day they deside not to fight. The UFC stops for no one, it's bigger then any one fighter so if the Diaz brothers don't pull there shit together then complaining about not getting paid is gonna turn into not having any money to train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Thread Information