Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nate Diaz Appears Ready for UFC Return; Nick Diaz… Not So Much

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Word is they really want Khabib/Nate, but he's been kinda flaky on getting booked in that fight. Wouldn't shock me if he gets thrown somebody like Michael Johnson if that doesn't go through, but from the UFC's perspective, they want the Khabib fight.
    Yes but that hasn't stopped them before from making match ups that didn't make sense like that. Khabib would mop the floor with Cerrone and Diaz. I want to see him fight Jim Miller.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Yes but that hasn't stopped them before from making match ups that didn't make sense like that. Khabib would mop the floor with Cerrone and Diaz. I want to see him fight Jim Miller.
    Why do you think he beats Cerrone?
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Why do you think he beats Cerrone?
    I know this wasn't directed at me but I think he will beat cerrone as well. He won't be able to stay on the feet against kabib and I don't see him subbing him either. Dos Anjos couldn't even come close.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Khabib is great at implementing/winning hugfests. This is a guy who the UFC will be looking to give unfavorable match-ups to in the near future imo...which, there might not be very many...but I don't think he'll ever be anything close to a good draw.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Kabib would just throw him around for fifteen minutes.
    and the problem with that would be????

I would love to see another Air Diaz show like the one Rory put on.

Really though the Diaz seem to me to be under the idea that their names are a massive draw. They may have been back in the day but in order to keep that draw you need to stay relevant and stop the whining.

You keep your name as a draw and your pay rate high by fighting and winning. Nick hasn't won a fight in two and a half years. Yes a year was lost due to suspension, but that was his own doing. And he's asking for the same amount of show money that Liddell was making when he was fighting. You earn money like that by pulling in PPV numbers, but also by fighting whoever whenever. UFC didn't help matters by giving him a title shot after GSP asked to fight him of course, so I feel like part of this is their doing.

Dead horse. Beaten. Blah blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gas Bag View Post
    You keep your name as a draw and your pay rate high by fighting and winning. Nick hasn't won a fight in two and a half years. Yes a year was lost due to suspension, but that was his own doing. And he's asking for the same amount of show money that Liddell was making when he was fighting. You earn money like that by pulling in PPV numbers, but also by fighting whoever whenever. UFC didn't help matters by giving him a title shot after GSP asked to fight him of course, so I feel like part of this is their doing.

Dead horse. Beaten. Blah blah blah.
    Tell Renan Barao that. BW champ, top 3 p4p fighter AT LEAST, and what he gets paid is basically trash. Dana says "He is in the process of becoming the star he needs to be", which is a joke. Where is the incentive for the younger guys when a CHAMP is getting paid like Renan is? 500k...is most definitely alot tho for Nick.
    Last edited by dbader08; 05-01-2014 at 09:08 PM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

now my name is down the entire front page. fuck yeah.

Nick Diaz!

Nate Diaz isn't buying Josh Thomson's excuse of a stolen phone
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/nate-di...a-stolen-phone
    Josh Thomson seemed to issue a challenge to Nick Diaz – while taking a shot at his brother, Nate Diaz – before saying he didn’t send the tweet and that his phone was stolen.

The younger Diaz isn’t buying it.

You got drunk talked a bunch of stupid shit when you woke up you panicked an #backpeddled #sorryasslittlebitch #whatreallyhappened #bereal—
    Nathan Diaz (@NateDiaz209) May 05, 2014

Oh shit he used #s. Thats gangster as fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information