+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cain Velasquez, Fabricio Werdum coach 'TUF: Latin America,' fight in November

Default Cain Velasquez, Fabricio Werdum coach 'TUF: Latin America,' fight in November

Cain Velasquez, Fabricio Werdum coach 'TUF: Latin America,' fight in November - MMAjunkie

As expected, UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez will next defend his belt against Brazilian submission master Fabricio Werdum, but first the two have a little television to make.

UFC officials today announced that Velasquez and Werdum will serve as opposing coaches on the debut season of “The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America” in advance of their championship bout, which will headline UFC 180 on Nov. 15 in Mexico City.

The announcement marks the UFC’s long-awaited debut in Mexico, which UFC President Dana White has long identified as a key target in the promotion’s global expansion.
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

I know man. Wake me up when the fight gets here! I can't wait!

I had an outside hope that it wouldn't tie in with TUF: Mexico. Hopefully a couple of good fighters will come out of the season.

Good idea to let Cain recover fully from his injury whilst keeping interest in the feud and opening the UFC up to a brand new market, looking forward to this!

Also, the HW division can find it's next no.1 contender during the filming/fight 8 month period.
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

Oscar Wilde

Wow this is awesome news!!!

If the tickets are not extremely expensive, I will be attending the event.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I absoultely hate the Ultimate Fighter at this point.

I don't hate the ultimate fighter but they are absolutely doing too many of them. I'm all for recruiting new guys and all but the whole reality show thing is getting to be pretty played out.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Wow this is awesome news!!!

If the tickets are not extremely expensive, I will be attending the event.
    Are you going to try out for TUF?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

yeah i hate how fights (especially title fights) are being delayed now because of TUF. W.Silva>C.Norris made a good point in another thread that maybe some of the retired 'legends' should be coaching TUF now
    Favourites- Fedor, Randy, the Nogs, Bas, Hunt, Igor Vovchanchyn, Lesnar, Chael, Jennum, Matt Brown, Taktarov, Pat Barry, Bam Bam Dewees, Hamill, Renzo, Cro Cop, Te Huna, Maia, Lawler, Mousasi

Quote Originally Posted by mmafan111 View Post
    Good idea to let Cain recover fully from his injury whilst keeping interest in the feud and opening the UFC up to a brand new market, looking forward to this!

Also, the HW division can find it's next no.1 contender during the filming/fight 8 month period.
    Agree. This is one of the only times that holding up the title for TUF makes sense in more than one way:
    - Cain is injured and would've likely been ready only by November
    - Even if he wasn't injured, they would've kept him from defending until November for the Mexico card
    - TUF is getting old and doesn't gain my interest one bit, but it helps market the UFC in latin America.
    - Keeping Cain on TV will help maintain the interest in both him as a champion and the fight itself.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Are you going to try out for TUF?
    LOL I am not that crazy. I would look like this guy in the middle in a bodybuilding competition.

Not only brazilians can do this stuff

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information