Thread: M-1 President: If Fedor Says "Yes" I'll call Dana White Myself

Default M-1 President: If Fedor Says "Yes" I'll call Dana White Myself

M-1 President: If Fedor Says "Yes" I'll call Dana White Myself
    http://combatbear.com/6/post/2014/04...te-myself.html
    Who's going to headline the show?

It is hard to talk about the fight card now. The tournament will be in the beginning of November. It is going be at least four tournaments before China.

Will you sign some Chinese fighters for the show?

Of course we will. Our matchmakers already started to watch the best Chinese fighters.

Will the tournament have some kind of co-promotion?

Our Chinese partners will help us to organize the tournament, but still it will be M-1 Challenge. I would like to admit that the tournament will be the part of International Economic Forum. We are awaiting a lot of high-ranking guests from different countries.

Do you have any more surprises or news for the M-1 fans?

We are going to make12 tournaments this year. Usually it is 10. There will be fights in Kazakhstan, Belarus, and China.

Do you think you can compete with the UFC on the Chinese market?

We are competing with nobody. And I’m not going to do this. I know that M-1 fighters are as good as UFC fighters. Otherwise they could not win when they start to fight in UFC.
    It is a lot of space in China; I think every organization can find its place and viewers there.

How is Fedor doing these days?

Fedor is doing well. He is an Advisor of Sport Minister in Russia. He is doing a lot for MMA development in Russia. He is visiting many Russian cities, gives master-classes and watches MMA competitions.

Did Fedor give up the thought of coming back?

I really want him to come back. He is full of energy and strength. But as a real champion he made the decision to finish his sports career.

Have you given up the thought of Fedor's comeback?

I think he could continue fighting. But he made a decision.

If Dana White called you now, asking if you could help him make the Fedor vs. Brock Lesnar fight come true, would you help him?

He called me about a year ago. But Fedor decided to finish his career. If Fedor says “yes” I’ll call Dana White myself. That could be a spectacular fight.

Have you seen Dan Henderson vs. "Shougun" Rua? Did you like the rematch between them?

Henderson proved in that rematch that he stays one of the best fighters in the world. I think he will win many fighters in the future.

In 10 years people will still talk about Fedor vs Lesnar.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Only wanted to see that fight so Fedor could prove Lesnar wasn't exactly what casual fans believed, but it got proven anyway. They weren't on the same level so it'll never be a "what if" fight for me.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by grambino View Post
    Only wanted to see that fight so Fedor could prove Lesnar wasn't exactly what casual fans believed, but it got proven anyway. They weren't on the same level so it'll never be a "what if" fight for me.
    Are you speaking about Brock prior to diverticulitis or post diverticulitis surgery? Because those two Brocks are completely different animals.

Please do not begin with those silly excuses. Lesnar was always a very limited fighter before and after his surgery. Let's not pretend that before the surgery he was an invincible lion and after the surgery he became a kitty.

It is just that Cain is a much better fighter than him and that is why he wiped the floor with him (No shame in that, Cain has destroyed everybody so far). Carwin was the first to show that Lesnar does not know what to do when he is in trouble, Cain confirmed it, and Overeem showed that once again.

Lesnar is a fucking huge monster that happens to be insanely strong and a good wrestler. But as a MMA fighter he was very very limited.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

prior to surgery he beat 2 hall of famers (im calling Mir a HOF member - which is obviously debatable) and became HW champion. To sit there and argue that diverticulitis didnt play a role in the tail end of his career is nonsense. Would he have beat Cain or AO healthy? Who knows. Id agree most likely not cain but i wouldnt count him out against AO

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    i wouldnt count him out against AO
    I wouldn;t either as long as AO wasn;t able to run out on surprise tests from the AC like he did last time

Wouldn't Fedor vs Cain or JDS be a bigger deal?

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    Cain and JDS finish Fedor with little effort imo

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    To a hardcore fan yes... to the casual fans that push PPV sales over the 1 million mark no

Thread Information