Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Following cancelation of Palhares vs. Fitch, WSOF executive issues warning to fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Somebody tell me if I'm wrong, but for a matchmaker, Abdel-Aziz sure talks quite a fair bit about his fighters(remember, he's not in the Dana role, but the Silva/Shelby role) and with the Burkmann situation, he didn't seem on the same page as Sefo....
    I don't think that's quite true. Abdel-Aziz is often regarded as the WSOF decision maker and has been at the forefront on all of their major contract issues and signings.

All I can figure here is that Palhares has done something incredibly dumb or underhanded because Aziz has repeatedly preached "fighters first" and has shown it in his actions.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

2. Default

Pashak finding something unfunny. Color me shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    All I can figure here is that Palhares has done something incredibly dumb or underhanded because Aziz has repeatedly preached "fighters first" and has shown it in his actions.
    Granted, he's anything but a reliable source, but Palhares says that the comments weren't directed at him; that he pulled out due to a family illness.

I wouldn't be surprised if Aziz was lashing out at whoever he offered the fight to after Palhares pulled out.

That's quite possible.

Honestly, color me surprised as I didn't even consider it and instantly jumped on Palhares.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

I heard it was his Mom who was sick. Either way if it's family that comes first. Looking forward to seeing him take both fitch's and Sheild's legs. Sure he's a one trick pony, but it's a hellova Trick! Paul Harris!
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Well I hope Ms. Harris gets better soon.

Thread Information