Thread: Korean Zombie eyes August UFC return against Ricardo Lamas

Default Korean Zombie eyes August UFC return against Ricardo Lamas

With orbital bone '90-percent' healed, Korean Zombie eyes August UFC return against Ricardo Lamas With orbital bone '90-percent' healed, Korean Zombie eyes August UFC return against Ricardo Lamas
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/5/1/567...ent-healed-mma

But "The Bully," apparently, has other plans.

Chan Sung Jung is itching to get back into the Octagon after sitting on the sidelines for nine months, following a separated shoulder and broken orbital bone in his loss to Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight champion, Jose Aldo, at UFC 163 last August.

And according to a recent report from UFC Tonight, now that Jung's orbital bone is "90-percent" healed, he is eyeing a return to action in August or September of this year.

Not looking to take an easy bout to ease the transition back into the fight game, "The Korean Zombie's" manager, Brian Rhee, revealed to Ariel Helwani that his client is asking for a bout against former No. 1 featherweight contender, Ricardo Lamas.

It would make sense, seeing as how both men came up short against Aldo in their previous bouts.

But the feeling does not appear to be mutual, as Lamas apparently isn't interested in waiting so long, as he has his eyes set on fighting sooner, rather than later, in order to earn a fight in UFC's inaugural visit to Mexico City on Nov. 15, 2014.

A card that will feature a main event between heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez and No. 1 contender Fabricio Werdum.

Lamas, meanwhile, wants a crack at Dennis Bermudez or Dustin Poirier. Unfortunately for him, UFC officials reportedly have other plans, as they shot down both requests.

Great idea. Great matchup. I'd love to see TKZ get another crack at Aldo, and this is the quickest way right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Awesome fight!!
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Great fight. Didn't Lamas just fight for the title? Oh, they both did. I forgot.

Can't wait for this fight. Go Zombie.

Thread Information