Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Report: UFC eyes Roy Nelson vs. Mark Hunt bangfest for Sept. 20 return to Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    None of these guys are fat.
    You are right, they aren't fat, they are people. Fat people, but people none the less.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Fat-(of a person or animal) having a large amount of excess flesh.

They both have excess flesh. Fat isn't always an insult. Both guys are elite athletes. Both guys are in great shape. Both guys are fat.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Where in Gods green earth do you love where calling someone fat, isn't an insult?
    You would be surprised... I am not sure if it is the fact they are poor on Andros Island or if it is a Caribbean thing but in the Bahamas, they will tell you you are looking fat as a form of a compliment. When I asked a friend down there about it after she told my sister in law she was looking nice and fat....she told me looking fat equates to being healthy and well fed, which is a good thing.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Hahahaha Sak.

You're looking fat.

Don't be rude, Mr Knox. Sak is looking well fed, maybe even jolly.

On a serious note, I didn't think of "fat" as in insult in this context. I do in day-to-day life but mostly because of what it implies about being lazy, out of shape, etc. Clearly those implications don't apply to either guy discussed here. But I can see how some took it that way.

6. Default

As a person who truly couldnt give a sh(t less what the world thinks of me, I dont understand the concept of insulting words. How could you ever let someone else's opinion matter so much you're offended by a grouping of letters?

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    As a person who truly couldnt give a sh(t less what the world thinks of me, I dont understand the concept of insulting words. How could you ever let someone else's opinion matter so much you're offended by a grouping of letters?
    If I called your mother a fat whore to her face with you standing there, would you invite me over for dinner?
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Thread Information