Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four UFC veterans confirmed for one night eight man tournament

Default Four UFC veterans confirmed for one night eight man tournament

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...an-tournament/

Just recently a Oklahoma promoted BattleGround's MMA marked the return of the one night eight man tournament and today revealed four of the competitors are former UFC fighters:

BattleGrounds MMA CEO Kenny Monday informed MMAFighting.com on Wednesday that Dennis Hallman (53-14-2, 1 no-contest), Cody McKenzie (15-4), Josh Bryant (14-4) and Luigi Fioravanti (24-11), who competed inside the Octagon in the past, will be part of the GP. Chris Honeycutt (4-0) is also in, and the final three fighters will be announced "soon."

"We are excited to have assembled a group of incredibly talented and accomplished athletes for this landmark tournament," Monday stated in a release sent to MMAFighting.com.

What commission is sanctioning this?

I'm guessing it's on Indian Land, lol.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

CSAC allowed 8-man one-night tourneys under SF, but they were only 2 rounders.

I wouldn't be surprised--if it's not on a res--if this follows that format.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Last tourney I can remember stateside would have to be the Shine:LWGP that Fickett won. I'm sure there were others(I think Taichi had one) but not many recently.

Damn for a moment I thought that 4 UFC veterans would return to the UFC for a 1 night tournament.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Lol that would be pretty awesome if the ufc had a thing where they select 8 people for a one night tourney with the winner gets a spot on their roster.

I'd watch thatif it was like 10 or 15 bucks. I wonder how its gonna be sanctioned like fedorlei said. What riv said is interesting too because I think in the unified rules it says you can go five rounds in one night so that could be what they are doing, splitting it up.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    What commission is sanctioning this?
    It's just a one night tournament featuring featherweights against welterweights. What's the big deal?

meh

Thread Information