+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon Fitch vs. Jake Shields set for WSOF 11 co-main event in July

Default Jon Fitch vs. Jake Shields set for WSOF 11 co-main event in July

Jon Fitch vs. Jake Shields set for WSOF 11 co-main event in July

Jake Shields (29-7-1) will get a top-level welcome to his new promotion, as his WSOF debut will come against Jon Fitch (25-6-1).

MMAjunkie today learned from sources close to the fighters that both Fitch and Shields have verbally agreed to the contest and that bout agreements are expected to be finalized shortly. WSOF President Ray Sefo subsequently confirmed the plans.

Fitch vs. Shields will serve as the co-main event of WSOF 11, which takes place July and may potentially air on NBC. For now, a location and broadcast platform for the card have yet to be announced. WSOF lightweight champ Justin Gaethje meets Nick Newell in the headliner.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Shields takes it. And, sadly, I don't think it'll be as fun as the Shields/Maia fight
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Shields takes it. And, sadly, I don't think it'll be as fun as the Shields/Maia fight
    Pretty crazy... Both UFC castaways yet both better than soooooooooo many UFC fighters. If Fitch wins this and goes on a run (beating Palhares & a couple others), it wouldnt be far fetched for them to start promoting him as the best active WW fighter in mma.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Snore

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

How crazy would it be the 2 most boring fighters in MMA actually went out there and gave us a fight like Hunt VS Bigfoot?
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

*COUGH CHOKE COUGH*

Sorry, I had something in my mouth that was stuck all the way in my throat.

Now that it was removed momentarily, I just wanted to say how boring this fight is going to be. These two guys are going to grab a hold of each other and start singing lullabies together. It's going to be so boring, i'm going to stick my thumb in my anu...mouth, and take a nap while they roll around on the ground. I wonder who is going to be thicker? You know, blanket wise, duh.

Oh, I could wait forever for this. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Jake Shields injured, out of WSOF 11 co-main event vs. Jon Fitch
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/5/21...fitch-mma-news
    And the world breathes a sigh of relief! My 2 least favourite WW fighters and probably 2 of the most boring fighters to watch on the planet, I would rather watch paint dry!
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

Oscar Wilde

I was looking forward to it. I'm a Fitch fan and this was shaping up to be a great match between two excellent grapplers. I'm disappointed that Shields is injured. I hope this fight does happen someday. Also I am not being the least bit sarcastic.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

I am also a fan of Jon Fitch. I've enjoyed his fights.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information