Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon Fitch vs. Jake Shields set for WSOF 11 co-main event in July

Meh, this card just got better.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Awww don't mind a good grappling match ....... long as I know that going in lol

Boooooooooourns
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Damn that sucks. Personally I was looking forward to the match. I know both can be "boring" but I have always been curious as to how a fight between them would play out. The way people are reacting on this thread is the exact reason guys like Shields and Fitch get cut from the UFC. Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    Damn that sucks. Personally I was looking forward to the match. I know both can be "boring" but I have always been curious as to how a fight between them would play out. The way people are reacting on this thread is the exact reason guys like Shields and Fitch get cut from the UFC. Just saying
    Well that and they make to much money per Dana.

Shields probably beats Fitch if this were to happen at some point takedown defense isn't that great and doubtful it's a fun match to watch.

6. Default

Shields and Fitch would have been a great match. Hope Jake recovers quickly, and this gets rescheduled.

Josh Burkman vs. Jon Fitch III booked for WSOF 11 co-headliner
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/josh-bu...1-co-headliner
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Well that and they make to much money per Dana.

Shields probably beats Fitch if this were to happen at some point takedown defense isn't that great and doubtful it's a fun match to watch.
    Yea but THAT is the whole reason Dana say they make too much money. The reactions of threads like this translate into low buys and rating. People loved complaining when they got cut but a couple months later its back to they are boring. If people were turning out to watch Fitch and Shields like they turned out for Lesnar then money would not have been an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    Yea but THAT is the whole reason Dana say they make too much money. The reactions of threads like this translate into low buys and rating. People loved complaining when they got cut but a couple months later its back to they are boring. If people were turning out to watch Fitch and Shields like they turned out for Lesnar then money would not have been an issue.
    Problem is where do you draw the line between sports and entertainment. No other professional sports leaguewould consider cutting an individual or team or or player because they are boring and there are examples in pretty much every sport where certain athletes/teams don't compete in a fan friendly manner.

Personally for what Fitch was making he wasn't really overpaid it seemed fair to me shields might have been a tad high but that was based on his record in Strikeforce moving over as the current champ.

10. Default

Show me what other professional sport/team is like MMA?

Thread Information