Thread: Rebney: Bellator champ Eduardo Dantas was blacking out, fainting while grappling

Default Rebney: Bellator champ Eduardo Dantas was blacking out, fainting while grappling

Rebney: Bellator champ Eduardo Dantas was blacking out, fainting while grappling
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/rebney-...hile-grappling
    Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney said there’s no definitive timetable for bantamweight champion Eduardo Dantas‘ return, and there’s a good reason for it.

The 25-year-old Brazilian was slated to headline this past Friday’s Bellator 118 event before a head injury suffered during a recent training session put him on the shelf.

After the event, which saw Joe Warren defeat replacement Rafael Silva to win an interim title, Rebney said Dantas’ condition is serious.

“He was having some blackouts, having some fainting episodes even in grappling, which is scary,” he said. “So, God willing and knock on wood, he’ll get past that and we can do some retests to make sure he’s OK.

” … He’s a great kid. First and foremost, I hope he’s going to be OK. And second, I’d love to see him back in the cage because he’s one of the most exciting bantamweights in the cage.”
    “We brought him out to the U.S. from Brazil, and we did an extensive amount of testing,” Rebney said. “We didn’t get the results we wanted on the tests, obviously. He’s back in Brazil right now and has been instructed not to do any training for an extended period of time to see if the symptoms that gave rise to our initial testing will go away, and then we’re going to retest him.

“Right now, he’s not doing anything, so we’re going to see.”

No worries, with Dantas out, Warren is more than capable to black out and faint for the entire 135 division....it's kinda his gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    No worries, with Dantas out, Warren is more than capable to black out and faint for the entire 135 division....it's kinda his gig.
    Damn u.. Ya beat me to the joke here.. But say Dantas gets good and Warren is still interm holder. Then we see battle of 2 guys who with a single shot 2 their heads could fuck em for life..? I think Warren has severe post concussion syndrome that never gets addressed due to his cockyness and baddest man on planet status. But when I read of Dantas I think fuck guy's probs epileptic.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    Damn u.. Ya beat me to the joke here.. But say Dantas gets good and Warren is still interm holder. Then we see battle of 2 guys who with a single shot 2 their heads could fuck em for life..? I think Warren has severe post concussion syndrome that never gets addressed due to his cockyness and baddest man on planet status. But when I read of Dantas I think fuck guy's probs epileptic.
    LOL.

Warren was getting majorly touched up in those first two rounds against Silva last Friday and throughout the bout, he was just hanging his head out there to get repeatedly dummied. I don't get it, he eats needless, dumb shots against unranked guys like Marx and the other two he fought after the Curran massacre. He gets his lights flicked on and off and it's scary to watch and I can't say I see this happening to too many other fighters, but with Warren, it feels like every fight he's getting dinged and they're absolutely avoidable.

IMO, BFC made a severe misstep by promoting Warren from Fight Master on, as the hood ornament of the BW division. Incredibly overrated and it's not like he's' even fighting "killers" so to speak. Vila and Curran exploded him and his drop down to 135, while he's "undefeated" since, hasn't shown me a worldbeater by any stretch.....

Great so Warren now becomes or will become the real title holder when Dantas can't come back. Congratulations Rebney you get what you want...
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Thread Information