Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Report: Junior dos Santos out of TUF Brazil 3 Finale with broken hand

The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 3 Finale has a new main event.

UFC announced on Tuesday that Fabio Maldonado has accepted to move up to heavyweight and replace former UFC champion Junior dos Santos in a five-round battle against Stipe Miocic on May 31 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

"Iím really happy for this opportunity," Maldonado stated in a release. "Iím been training for a long time for this. Iím at 223 pounds right now and I would keep this weight for the fight."

"The fans will go nuts with this fight," he continued. "I will go on his head, wonít leave any opening for him to breathe. His style is a good match-up for me and itís going to be a great fight. His boxing is sharp, but mine is better."

Maldonado (21-6) enters the cage in a three-fight win streak, scoring decision victories over Gian Villante, Joey Beltran and Roger Hollett in the light heavyweight division. Miocic (11-1) headlines his second UFC card, entering the contest riding a two-fight win streak with decisions over Gabriel Gonzaga and Roy Nelson.
    Source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/6/...-3-finale-card

Man, I always thought Maldonado could drop down to MW, but holy crap, he's moving up to fight at HW. Damn. Huge fan of Maldonado but I see miocic just using his wrestling and winning the fight. Anyway, WAR MALDONADO!

Damn. If Maldonado pulled it off, I'd be ecstatic. I just don't see it happening though.

3. Default

Stipe Miocic On Losing Junior Dos Santos Fight: “I’m Bummed”
    http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2014/05/...ght-im-bummed/

UFC heavyweight contender Stipe Miocic viewed his upcoming bout with Junior dos Santos as the perfect stepping stone to a possible title fight.

Now, with dos Santos out after suffering a hand injury, Miocic is unsure what will happen with him and his role on The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 3 Finale later this month.

“Bummed about the news,” Miocic posted on Twitter. “Wishing dos Santos a quick recovery.”
    Miocic (11-1) has won his last two, including a decision victory over Roy Nelson last June. His lone loss was a knockout at the hands of Stefan Struve in 2012, and he has finished eight of his opponents.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Fabio is usually outta shape at LHW so im not really excited for this at all. He's gonna be an even fatter and slower fighter than usual. Stipe should make quick work of Fabio and show us why he deserves a shot at someone like JDS. Anything less would be disappointing imo.

I like Maldonado but he has no business at heavyweight. This is just going to be the Teixeira fight all over again. The guy is going to be a fucking vegetable by the time he's 40.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I like Maldonado but he has no business at heavyweight. This is just going to be the Teixeira fight all over again. The guy is going to be a fucking vegetable by the time he's 40.
    40? You are more opstimistic about his future than I am.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. Thatís right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    40? You are more opstimistic about his future than I am.
    Yeah, I just looked it up and I had no idea he was only 34. I thought he was actually closer to 40 than that. The poor bastard...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I'm surprised Miocic and his camp are okay with the replacement. Going from JDS to a LHW moving up to HW is a lose-lose for him. If Maldonado wins how far does it set Miocic back?
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 05-07-2014 at 10:09 AM.

Thread Information