Thread: Shanya Baszler Makes UFC Debut Against Bethe Correia at UFC 176

Default Shanya Baszler Makes UFC Debut Against Bethe Correia at UFC 176

Shanya Baszler Makes UFC Debut Against Bethe Correia at UFC 176

Posted on May 5, 2014 by Jeff Cain
    After appearing on the eighteenth season of [COLOR=#009900 !important]The Ultimate Fighter and having to pull out of a scheduled fight with Sarah Kaufman, Shayna Baszler[COLOR=#009900 !important]will make[/COLOR] her UFC debut on Aug. 2 at the Staples [COLOR=#009900 !important]Center[/COLOR] [COLOR=#009900 !important]in Los Angeles[/COLOR]against undefeated Bethe Correia.[/COLOR]
    The match-up was first reported by the Glendale News-Press on Monday and later confirmed by UFC officials.
    Baszler (15-8) began fighting professionally in 2003. In her decade as a professional, she’s faced the who’s who of women’s MMA. She’s foughtAlexis Davis twice, Sarah Kaufman, Sara McMann, Cris “Cyborg” Justino, Roxanne Modafferi, Julie Kedzie and Tara LaRosa.
    The 33-year-old was expected to rematch Kaufman at The Ultiamte Fighter Nations Finale but was forced out of the fight due to injury.
    Correia (8-0) debuted in the UFC in December, defeating Julie Kedzie by split decision. She defeated Baszler’s teammate Jessamyn Duke by unanimous decision in her last outing at UFC 172 on April 26. Duke and Baszler [COLOR=#009900 !important]train out of the Glendale Fighting Club alongside UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey. The three, along with Marina Sharif, call themselves the “Four Horsewomen,” modeled after the professional wrestling faction “The Four Horseman.”[/COLOR]
    Following her [COLOR=#009900 !important]win over Duke, Correia held up four fingers and took one way in reference to the “Four Horsewomen” and having defeated one of them. Now she’ll have the [COLOR=#009900 !important]opportunity[/COLOR] to cross another one off [COLOR=#009900 !important]the list[/COLOR]when she faces Baszler on Aug. 2.[/COLOR]
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/shanya-basz...eia-at-ufc-176
    Follow the link for the entire article. Very clever matchmaking in an attempt to build up new challengers for Ronda.

Couldn't stand how she came off in the show. Hope she gets wrecked in every fight she has.

I hope Bethe gets smashed and ruins any chance of a hyped high payed gimme fight for Ronda
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

I would love to see Bethe run through all of the "four horse bitches" or whatever they're calling themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I would love to see Bethe run through all of the "four horse bitches" or whatever they're calling themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

If you watch the Correia/Duke fight on mute and aren't swayed by the biased commentating, it was a very close fight that could've gone either way imo. Every time the fight went to the ground it was because Duke took it there and only ended up on the bottom due to going for subs and while Correia held top position that's all she did - hold it. Absolutely 0 offense. The standup was fairly even as well. Even Rogan and Goldberg who were hyping Bethe's leg kicks had to admit that she was only landing with her foot most of the time. They kept referring to the redness on Duke's legs while ignoring the fact that she's pale as hell so obviously the redness will show more. What I saw was Bethe disengaging from more striking exchanges than Jessica and even when Correia landed, Duke kept good striking posture and never seemed affected too much.
    Talk is cheap...because supply exceeds demand.

Thread Information