Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anderson Silva cleared to train, White says end-of-year return would be 'great'

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Bearing in mind that I don't see Anderson ever making another run at the title, I wouldn't give him Kennedy. Tim is too big of a threat with too little cache for Anderson to fight. If Tim beats him, it's 3 losses in a row for Silva, and the last one to someone the casual fans don't know shit about. If Anderson beats him, it's "wow. he beat a guy nobody knew about, and who wasn't ranked top 10 last year."

But if he fights Bisping, it's a nice draw, and either outcome can be spun successfully by the reality-makers in zuffa's labs: if Anderson wins, it's "Yay, he's still relevant, outstriking outstanding striker and perrennial contender Michael "the Count" Bisping! blahblahblah. If Pip wins, it's "Wow, way to bounce back from an off night against Tim Kennedy and right back into title contention!" The latter gets more legs if Weidman beats Machida convincingly and Belfort stays weird and unreliable...or the results of his test are published and are less than flattering, public-relationally.

roadawg still lurks around, even if he isn't posting. I'm sure he does.

rh
    You guys. The other week you were butt-hurt over Shields getting cut and the UFC being more entertainment than sport. Now you're supporting the entertainment (whether you realize it or not) about Pippy fight Silva, PPV draws, and how Silva losing to a lesser known fighter would be bad. Come on now, what side are you guys on? lol

But, I realize it is a cool fight and would love to see 'ping get Dinged!

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    But, at the same time in another thread you talk about how you like Colin McGregor.

Seems kind of contradictory.
    He's whitty and funny. Silva is always crying about something or talking about who deserves to fight him and how great he is. Or using his greatness to get attention and say random things for no reason like he is going to retire then two weeks later saying he will fight forever. Its annoying to me. Smack talk is not drama in my opinion.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    He's whitty and funny. Silva is always crying about something or talking about who deserves to fight him and how great he is. Or using his greatness to get attention and say random things for no reason like he is going to retire then two weeks later saying he will fight forever. Its annoying to me. Smack talk is not drama in my opinion.
    Conor McGregor talks about how great he is too, except unlike Anderson Silva, he has not proven anything at all. Many consider Anderson to be the GOAT or at least in the top 3. Anderson at least has credibility to say how great he is, even though, he never really says it that explicitly. He does definitely use his position to choose fights however. Conor McGregor, on the other hand, has just come in and disrespected every fighter in his division and downright insulted many of the top guys without having any basis of doing so. If that's the persona he is going for, i.e., talking his way into being a star, that's fine. If that's the type of fighter you like, that's fine as well. However let's not pretend that Conor is not as classless and disrespectful as you can get in MMA.

Because Chael is so over the top in his disrespect (e.g. Nog's trying to feed a bus) I actually find it less insulting or disrespectful than what Connor did.

Chael can make me laugh; listening to Connor call everyone else a chump annoys me.

Someone cane make you laugh and be incredibly classless/ disrespectful at the same time.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Someone cane make you laugh and be incredibly classless/ disrespectful at the same time.
    Absolutely. But I think there's more class in what Sonnen (often, not always) does than what Connor did in that interview. When Chael is on point, he's over the top, funny, and gives an invisible wink to the camera, acknowledging that it's not real or serious. Connor didn't have that. And that's why I think Sonnen (at his best) comes across classier than Connor.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Absolutely. But I think there's more class in what Sonnen (often, not always) does than what Connor did in that interview. When Chael is on point, he's over the top, funny, and gives an invisible wink to the camera, acknowledging that it's not real or serious. Connor didn't have that. And that's why I think Sonnen (at his best) comes across classier than Connor.
    There was some shit Chael said that was much worse than Connor has like when he said he was going to burn down blackhouse. I don't think Connor has every crossed the line like that.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    There was some shit Chael said that was much worse than Connor has like when he said he was going to burn down blackhouse. I don't think Connor has every crossed the line like that.
    I think the point is that Chael always crosses that line. Not only that, but he does a running jump over it, so nobody ever really takes what he says seriously.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

He seems to have toned it down a lot though. Ever since the second Anderson Silva fight. He hasn't had anybody that was refusing to fight him so hasn't need to cross the line as much. He is a lot more enjoyable because of it. I used to despise him but now I find him very entertaining.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Thread Information