Thread: UFC boss hoping to close deals with Carano, Holm – won't say 'never' on 'Cyborg'

Default UFC boss hoping to close deals with Carano, Holm – won't say 'never' on 'Cyborg'

UFC boss hoping to close deals with Carano, Holm – won't say 'never' on 'Cyborg'
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/ufc-bos...ever-on-cyborg

On Wednesday’s new edition of “UFC Tonight,” UFC President Dana White said Gina Carano (7-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) and Holly Holm (7-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) are both current targets and that each of them will likely appear in the UFC very soon.

“Holly Holm and Gina Carano are all a matter of getting a deal done,” White said.
    And as for the third name – the woman White infamously said looks like “Wanderlei Silva in a dress” – the UFC boss said he won’t completely rule out an eventual octagon appearance for former Strikeforce women’s featherweight champion Cristiano “Cyborg” Justino (12-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC), even if he isn’t especially optimistic right now.

“We know all the issues we’ve had with ‘Cyborg,’ from the steroid stuff to the managers to we don’t even have that weight class, so I don’t even know when she would get into the UFC,” White said. “I used to say never. I don’t say never anymore.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I think the signing of the 2 fighter is important to the UFC WMMA divisions. Ginia Still a draw and I think Holm will uncrown Rousey. My only question is if they sign Gina to the create a 145 division? She can’t make 135 can she?

1st Degree Black Belt American Kickboxing
    Belt: 2010 W.K.K.O U.S. Tournament Runner Up 132lbs.
    Silver Medal: 2011 W.K.A North American Tournament Runner Up 141lbs

I still think the UFC should gun after Coenen, she can still make an impact at 135 but I wonder if she still has heat from the Golden Glory stuff from those years ago...

Holly Holm = AWESOME news!!!!!

Gina Carano = AWESOME news... ... ... about five or six years ago.

Cyborg = AWESOME news... ... ... for the continued protection of the golden girl.

Its sad when people try to justify nonsense with hypocritical nonsense:

Quote Originally Posted by danawhite
    We know all the issues we’ve had with ‘Cyborg,’ from the steroid stuff to...
    Right, because "steroid stuff" prevented them from signing fighters how many times now? Or cutting them?
    Josh Barnett, Sherk, Leben, sonnen, Marquardt, [UFC HOF-er] Bonnar, Sherk, Thiago...that's just off the top of my head.

Oh, and Belfort. Can't forget him.

If dana were half the guy his fanboys think he was, he'd just laugh every time Cyborg's name came up and give the reporter the finger. But pretending there is validity and a precedent is just making him look like he believes MMA fans are stupid.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Its sad when people try to justify nonsense with hypocritical nonsense:

Right, because "steroid stuff" prevented them from signing fighters how many times now? Or cutting them?
    Josh Barnett, Sherk, Leben, sonnen, Marquardt, [UFC HOF-er] Bonnar, Sherk, Thiago...that's just off the top of my head.

Oh, and Belfort. Can't forget him.

If dana were half the guy his fanboys think he was, he'd just laugh every time Cyborg's name came up and give the reporter the finger. But pretending there is validity and a precedent is just making him look like he believes MMA fans are stupid.

rh
    I HONESTLY feel at this point, Fedor has a better chance to be in the UFC than Cyborg does.

I really believe that the UFC (Dana White especially) has no interest in signing Cyborg.

I also find it very despicable the game they are playing in saying that Cyborg has to prove she can make 135lb and sustain it for a few fights (amazing how Gina, who had hard time making 145lb isn't being doubted for her ability to make 135lb, after being away from the fight game for 5 years lol).

Given that Cyborg will have to alter her lifestyle drastically to make that hard cut to 135lb, I think it's gonna be vindictive on the UFC's part to reject her if/when Cyborg does fight at 135lb for a fight or two and shows she is the same fighter she is.

I also find it hilarious that Dana was such Wanderlei Silva fanboy during his Pride days, and he badly wanted to make his best fighter (Liddell) go over and compete in the tourney just to see the two best LHW compete against one another. When that didnt pan out, Dana was soo giddy when he finally had Silva's ink on the contract. One would think he would be giddy at the idea of signing the female version of Wanderlei Silva (I'm talking about fighting style), and have his best company WMMA fighter fight the supposed scariest female fighter, yet he decides to insult 2 people in the process instead.

Ronda Rousey's constant Cyborg call outs and how she can easily beat her is a reminiscent to Lesnar pulling the same stunt when he was the champ and made pompous call outs to a "scared" Fedor. It reminds me of an insecure douche pretending to be a tough guy, by pretending he will beat up someone, yet having his friends hold him back. In this case, it's Rousey doing all the smack talk pretending that she is anxious to fight Cyborg knowing all the while that Dana White and the UFC won't be signing Cyborg and publicly acknowledging that it was Cyborg and her management that ruined any chance for her to be in the UFC.

I don't think Carano is going to have to make 135. Rousey has said that she'd go up to fight her, correct?

I also wouldn't worry about her weight, in general. She was struggling in SF 5 years ago, where she was getting paid, but not getting paid like she is now. She's got access to better nutritionists, better dieticians/chefs and the entire science of weight cutting has advanced quite a bit in the meantime.

In addition to that, Gina was carrying more body fat than Cyborg. While I think it's very do-able for Santos, I still hate the current practice of weight cutting as a concept, and feel it should be addressed in one of many reforms that MMA needs.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Dirten View Post
    Holly Holm = AWESOME news!!!!!

Gina Carano = AWESOME news... ... ... about five or six years ago.

Cyborg = AWESOME news... ... ... for the continued protection of the golden girl.
    Pretty much read my mind with this.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

"Wanderlei Silva in a Dress."
    CLASSIC!!!
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Thread Information