+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Johnson vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira slated for UFC on FOX 12

Default Anthony Johnson vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira slated for UFC on FOX 12

Anthony Johnson vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira slated for UFC on FOX 12
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/anthony...-ufc-on-fox-12

Fresh off a victorious return to the UFC and an upset of Phil Davis, Anthony Johnson (17-4 MMA, 8-4 UFC) will meet fellow light heavyweight Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (21-5 MMA, 4-2 UFC) at UFC on FOX 12.

UFC officials today announced the bout, which is the first for the card, following an initial report from FOXSports.com.

UFC on FOX 12 takes place July 26 at SAP Center in San Jose. The main card airs on FOX following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

If someone mentioned this fight 4 years ago I would have laughed, but I think Johnson takes this one (easily)

Lil Nog won't make it to the fight
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Call it a hunch, but I expect we'll see two Nogueiras retire this year.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

It's kinda interesting that given the politically motivated nature of those "AUTHENTIC" UFC rankings, that they'd remove Lil Nog and then match him up the same week with Rumble, a guy it feels like they're looking to build up into a contender with two or three more wins. One would think that they'd want to herald Rumble's opponent as a highly ranked fighter and yet, here we are.

Rumble looked gnarly against Davis and I can't see Lil Nog offering him much at this stage in his career, especially with the mounting layoffs and injuries.

Lil' Nog is getting knocked out worse than Big Nog did.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    Lil' Nog is getting knocked out worse than Big Nog did.
    I can't see him getting knocked out worse than Big Nog. Now him getting knocked out as badly is a possibility. Then again he's only been knocked out once.

Nog pulls out with another injury

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    It's kinda interesting that given the politically motivated nature of those "AUTHENTIC" UFC rankings, that they'd remove Lil Nog and then match him up the same week with Rumble, a guy it feels like they're looking to build up into a contender with two or three more wins. One would think that they'd want to herald Rumble's opponent as a highly ranked fighter and yet, here we are.
    I think it might just be timing. If Rumble wants to fight against quickly, then there aren't a lot of people left. Hendo, Cormier, Bader, and Fejao are all booked, probably not ready by July. Jimmi just had a very public knockout. Evans won't fight him. And Glover and Shogun are getting surgery I think.

So it's a pretty short list that's left. Of those, I think Diet Nog is probably the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

10. Default

1. I think this fight is really right about where Rumble is in the current landscape at 205. A win here makes him a much more viable opponent for the top tier guys in the div.

2. Diet nog is the best nickname Ive seen in a while..

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information