Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Johnson vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira slated for UFC on FOX 12

niiice Rumble is going to WRECK Little Nog. Hopefully if he wins this one in dominating fashion like he did to Phil, he will be given a step up in competition to see where he really stands.

If he dominates:
    Rumble vs Teixiera/Rashad Evans anyone?
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Nog has absolutely zero exploitable advantage here.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    If somehow he got on top he might have an advantage.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    If somehow he got on top he might have an advantage.
    I think his only hope is that Rumble spontaneously bursts into flames on is way to the cage. I think it's more likely than any other series of events that results in Diet Nog winning.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I'm a fan of lil nog, but I don't care if he loses, I just want to see him at least make it to a fight. If lil nog somehow makes it uninjured come fight time and actually wins that would be insane. Anthony should be the heavy favorite momentum wise and if he wins, I'd say give him 1 more big fight before a title shot. Please mma gods, let this fight actually happen.

Let's guess Lil Nogs next injury.

Hope it happens though and Rumble whips him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I think his only hope is that Rumble spontaneously bursts into flames on is way to the cage.
    That surprised me and actually made me laugh out of loud. Kudos, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    Let's guess Lil Nogs next injury.

Hope it happens though and Rumble whips him.
    He's due for another shoulder injury. Feel bad for the guy, though I always have the sense that both Nogs have too much pride to let themselves heal properly away from the gym.

Diet Nog is the cure for insomnia.

This fight will not happen, Nog will injure himself again and will be out for another 8 months.

If somehow this fight actually happens, I see Rumble dominating this fight in a brutal way.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira will finally return to the UFC.

Anthony Johnson, who recently defeated Phil Davis at UFC 172, will face off against "Minotouro" at UFC on FOX 12 in San Jose, Calif. on July 26, and the Brazilian sees the bout as an opportunity to get back to the top.

"Anthony Johnson won a big fight against Phil Davis and Iím sure weíre going to do a great fight for the fans," Nogueira told MMAFighting.com. "Heís in a great phase of his career, coming off a great win, and I just got back to training this month. I will have a great camp for this fight."

"Minotouro" was ranked at the top 5 in the light heavyweight following wins over former champions Rashad Evans and Tito Ortiz, but was removed of the UFC rankings due to inactivity.

"I will be back. No problem, I will be back," he said. "I was out for so long, right? Rashad fought twice since our fight and I couldnít because of the injuries. But I will be back."

The win over Davis put Johnson in the top 5 of the division, and Nogueira knows that a win over him would be huge for his title aspirations.

"There are a lot of great fighters in the division now," he said. "I canít say that Iím getting a shot at the title with a win over Anthony Johnson because there are a lot of great fighters now, but it depends on how I win the fight. A knockout or a submission would get me closer to the title, at least at the top 3."

Johnson went 6-0 since his UFC release in 2012, so Nogueira doesnít expect an easy fight in San Jose. Following an upset win over Evans at UFC 156, the Brazilian plans to repeat what he called "the perfect training camp" with the addition of Olympic wrestler Khetag Pliev.

"I will repeat the same camp I did for Rashad," he said. "I will have a high-level camp, and I want to bring Khetag again. He was an important piece of my camp for Rashad."

Johnson finished four of his last six opponents by way of knockout, but "Minotouro" is counting on that as he prepares for the bout.

"(Johnson) had some ups and downs, missed weight a few times, but he always did amazing fights in the UFC," he said. "He was one of the best at 170 and returned well to the UFC at 205. Iím expecting a tough fight.

"Heís well-rounded, with some good kicks and great stand-up game, good takedowns. Heís really explosive and hits hard, so itís going to be a great fight. I think heís going to try everything. I wonít go in there thinking he will only stand against me because he has a good weapon in wrestling and I donít think heís going to waste that."

The biggest issue going into the fight is Nogueiraís health status since he was forced to cancel four UFC fights since 2011. The Brazilian, who agreed to face Alexander Gustafsson (twice), Rich Franklin and Mauricio Rua, is confident he will be in perfect shape for UFC on FOX 12.

"Rumble" and "Minotouro" fought at the same night on March 26, 2011. The Brazilian went 2-0 since, while Johnson scored eight wins in nine bouts.

"Iím not 100 percent physically yet, but Iím getting there," he said. "I had two injuries. I had to undergo a knee surgery and had another back injury that forced me out of training for more than a year. But I will be at my best in two and a half months."
    source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/12...t-but-mma-news

oh, here we go. hope he heals up good. I will be pulling for minotouro IF this fight happens.

Thread Information