+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Maine-iac wants onto UFC card in Maine

No one had any idea until he talked about it in the interview. Show me where you pointed it out that night and I'll give you internet beers.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Arlovski shit-kicked Sylvia into a losing streak from which he will never recover.

Aha, Sylvia has lost 4 fights (yes, to me he lost the last Arlovski fight) and the UFC will be very happy to sign him only because they are making an event in Maine.

The guy will probably not make weigh anyway.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Aha, Sylvia has lost 4 fights (yes, to me he lost the last Arlovski fight)
    I don't care much for him but never thought I'd utter words like, "he pussed out!". Exactly what he did in the Arlovski fight. He should be ashamed.

No way he gets a UFC. If he mustered up the motivation that used to drive him then I hope the best for the guy.

I would love to see Sylvia back in the UFC.

Not the popular viewpoint, it seems.
    But all the same... I just have a soft spot for all the guys who were running shit back before the UFC really blew up.

I guess I'd just like to see those guys from that era make some bucks before they call it a day.

Sylvia, I'd love to see him fight Struve.
    Or maybe Big Country.
    A fight like that would be FUN!

IMO, Sylvia theoretically could be utilized in a role similar to what the re-signed Arlovski for, given they're running ALOT of shows and need names.

But I don't know how many people on here have really watched Sylvia's actual fights these past few years?

Monte Cox booked him in a lot of bouts with jabronis and Sylvia was having some trouble in those, he's come in heavy for HW a bunch of times and outside of the Buentello fight, he didn't really look anywhere near the caliber of a BFC HW, let alone what one would ascribe as the "standard" UFC HW(which, maybe isn't saying too much, I know....). I'm not too sure if the Ishii fight was a 100% shoot since that was for Inoki but that Tony Johnson Jr. bout was kinda sad to watch and I didn't really see how he could really come back from where he's at unless he locks himself down at say, AKA for six months and gets into respectable shape. The dude lost convincingly to Abe Wagner, he gets bulldozed as of this speaking unless there's a major paradigm shift in his commitment.

Also, and this is just some food for thought, but if I'm remembering correctly, doesn't the ZUFFA/Sylvia heat comes from the Monte Cox connection, as I remember reading a lot of stuff on the heat between he and Dana and the Fedor/Affliction jump didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    IMO, Sylvia theoretically could be utilized in a role similar to what the re-signed Arlovski for, given they're running ALOT of shows and need names.
    People actually like Arlovski though, Pit Bull retains a following years after he has been in the UFC while Timmay does not.

Getting signed by or remaining in the UFC relies on popularity moreso than merit; Timmay has neither at present.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 05-09-2014 at 06:10 PM.

I move away from Maine and they decide to throw a UFC card into the middle of fucking nowheresville. Greaaat.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Tim Sylvia added to upcoming fight card in Maine, battles UFC vet Christian Morecraft
    From the New England Fights (NEF) press release:

Former two-time Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Heavyweight Champion of the World, Tim "The Maine-iac" Sylvia, appeared via video to announce a fight against fellow UFC alumni Christian Morecraft at "NEF XIV" on September 6, 2014. That bout will also take place at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee in Lewiston, and the winner will be crowned the first-ever Maine State MMA Super-Heavyweight Champion.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Man, for a second I actually thought that they resigned him haha

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information