+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Bellator PPV loses fight(s?), gains at least a replacement for 1

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In woods of unsuspected
    Posts
    4,268

    Default

    I would imagine they are canceling the ppv again.

  2. #12

    Default

    I say fuck putting will brooks in and pull chandler and do the fight as soon as possible between chandler and Eddie. That or keep the Ppv move brooks into the fight and make mo page the main and drop the price. Then hope chandler doesn't get hurt and do Eddie vs chandler when Eddie is off suspension. We need Eddie vs chandler 3!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area.
    Posts
    13,745

    Default

    By all accounts, the PPV was going to most likely be a money LOSER for BFC, and despite the goofy Tito fight and the lacklustre and somewhat obsolete in 2014 Rampage/Mo bout, everything I've read said, "Well, there's going to be people buying the entire fucking thing just to see Eddie/Chandler III". So now you lose that.....they've got a lot of problems and few alternatives, what the hell do they do?

    They can move up Brooks to an interim title fight against Chandler, but that feels like a Chandler near-jobber match. So do you sell that on PPV w/Rampage & Mo elevated to the main? The draw to the PPV was the trilogy fight, unless they make a magical deal for say, Nate Diaz(and I 100% don't see ZUFFA releasing him), kinda feels the this PPV is deadzies.....unless they sign Fedor out of retirement and book a Fedor/Kongo main event, I'd fucking buy that but now you're looking at losing MORE MONEY and again, that's really depending on ALOT of legitimate magic lol.

    Or do you kibosh the entire PPV(again) and hold something akin to a super card on SPIKE(since they've got a paying crowd to provide a show that has been advertised as relatively stacked).... But do they pull a good deal of the SPIKE prelim guys so they can have relatively strong cards in the coming months, since that free TV portion is pretty jacked. They're paying Kongo, Tito, Rampage and Mo on the same card, that's a lot of overhead money and without the main event draw, the PPV isn't going to come close to "pull even", so I'm not sure if lowering the PPV price is an option. They've got some good matches and names like Ivanov/Volkov, Kongo, Richman/Yamaguchi on the undercard, they could bump them to the main PPV, but there's going to be a lot of creativity needed to make this salvageable.

    You gotta think the folks at Viacom are doing a cost/benefit analysis on what route they'll lose the least amount of money on, PPV or SPIKE.

    I agree with MIZ, I'd pull Chandler and do Eddie/Chandler III ASAP but I wonder if given all the hype into the main event, how they pull it off without PPV, since that's part of Eddie's deal before he jets, right?

    YEESH!!!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mulefloyd View Post
    The Sherdog article is back up this morning.

    and now MMAfighting also is reporting it. Not looking good.

    They're saying he suffered a concussion.
    goddammit Move it to Spike boys it's a bust if it's true... Although I'm still gonna watch it to see Rampage knock out King Mo

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    7,979

    Default

    I can't see anyway this breaks 100k

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In woods of unsuspected
    Posts
    4,268

    Default

    This ppv is doomed. I'm going to sing the doom song, doom doom doomy doom doom.......

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    7,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    This ppv is doomed. I'm going to sing the doom song, doom doom doomy doom doom.......

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Ok, let me play the part of conspiracy theorist for a minute. Anyone else get the impression that this is a similar situation the the whole Attila Vegh thing? Let's just have the champion sit out for a while and when he comes back we can have a unification bout because that get's better ratings. Of course I have nothing to base this on (other than Vegh saying that that was the situation with him) but something smells fishy about this.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Fantasy Jewish Oklahoma
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Ok, let me play the part of conspiracy theorist for a minute. Anyone else get the impression that this is a similar situation the the whole Attila Vegh thing? Let's just have the champion sit out for a while and when he comes back we can have a unification bout because that get's better ratings. Of course I have nothing to base this on (other than Vegh saying that that was the situation with him) but something smells fishy about this.
    I would hope like hell that isn't the case. Would anyone here risk scorning fans by pulling the champ and potentially scrapping the second planned PPV (when they haven't been able to do one yet) in order to hastily put together a unification fight for a THIRD PPV attempt?

    If they were dumb enough to try this then they deserve to lose money. Next it'll be Team Rebney vs. Team Russo in a Bellator/TNA war LIVE from the Hard Rock Casino in Bumblefuck, Oklahoma...ONLY ON PPV!

  10. 05-10-2014, 08:40 PM

    Reason
    Double post. Fuck you, iPhone.

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gas Bag View Post
    I would hope like hell that isn't the case. Would anyone here risk scorning fans by pulling the champ and potentially scrapping the second planned PPV (when they haven't been able to do one yet) in order to hastily put together a unification fight for a THIRD PPV attempt?

    If they were dumb enough to try this then they deserve to lose money. Next it'll be Team Rebney vs. Team Russo in a Bellator/TNA war LIVE from the Hard Rock Casino in Bumblefuck, Oklahoma...ONLY ON PPV!
    But just think about how they would promote that fight. The biggest rivalry ever in Bellator, each at one win a piece, champion vs champion. It'll be huge for their second PPV! Also, if Will Brooks somehow wins against Chandler, Chandler will just fill in when Brooks gets "injured" and they'll still have the trilogy fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •