Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: UFC Fight Night: Brown vs. Silva Official Discussion

It's time to include Matt Brown in the P4P discussion...

2. Default

I would say at this point that Matt Brown is a much more legit contender then Nick Diaz was when he challenged GSP, yet I didnt hear half the outcry against Nick that Ive read on this page of this thread alone...

edit: erm, the previous page it would seem I mean...
    Last edited by W.Silva>C.Norris; 05-11-2014 at 12:59 PM.

That was all me. And I readily admit Diaz wasn't the top contender but gsp requested the fight.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Absolutely. Totally agree. It was a good fight and I gained some respect for him.

However, DROP THE FUCKING TITLE SHOT TALK, he hasn't beaten anyone.
    Why should we drop the title shot talk when Dana said one more win and he gets one? Whether you agree with it or not, he is clearly very close to a title shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    It's time to include Matt Brown in the P4P discussion...
    he is definitely the #1 p4p fighter to ever finish Erick Silva in the third round in Cincinatti, Ohio.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    God I can't stand matt brown.

Best ww in the world my ass.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2409918-1501825_10202992783250530_1240707324_n.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	697

No one should ever be 7-8 wins away from a title fight. There should be a natural progression that should end at 4-5 fights. The UFC is at fault though for some guys needing -1 wins, and some guys needing 135 wins. Matt Brown deserves a title shot.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

Matt Brown with a straight ass beating on Silva, that was awesome. I hope Silva is ok, he took a ton of punishment.

I say give Brown a contender fight. I think he's improved his wrestling, jits, and cardio and I think he can give any of the top guys problems. He's a tough fighter for certain guys. He's got that length and he utilizes his knees and straight punches quite well, as well as his elbows. His knees to the body are just nasty...a few of those and guys start to break down.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

I didn't see a title contender last night.. I saw a very good gatekeeper but I have yet to see (doesn't mean it isn't there but he hasn't faced any elite fighters yet) anything that makes me think he could put a dent in Hendricks... I don't feel he is at the level that can challenge any of the top 5 but he hasn't faced them yet so its yet to be proven..

he DOMINATED Silva last night but showed that he can still get hurt.. granted he got out of the RNC when he got the wind knocked out of him, got up then proceeded to unleash a nasty flurry against Silva on the feet and finished the rest of the fight basically one sided... I want to see if he can do that against the top level fighters/strikers.. would he be able to do that against Rory, Condit, Lawler etc?? I sure wanna see and find out.. but Lombard doesn't interest me at all if he doesn't fix his gas tank I think the Immortal would be able to work him into exhaustion especially if its a 5 rounder

If GSP was champ would people even want to see this fight?? Hendricks is very good and I don't think Brown offers him much of a challenge either but again the only way to KNOW is to SEE him prove it

Matt Brown had a good fight yesterday but as some already pointed out, He has no top 10 wins. I don't think he beats any of the top 5. Condit would make for an interesting war.

I'm not against giving Matt Brown a title shot. He has finished his last 6 out of 7 fights; and the one decision was a damn good fight. If the UFC truly wants to reward exciting fighters that finish guys; they can set an example and give him the title shot.

Thread Information