Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: White: Brown one fight from title shot

Default White: Brown one fight from title shot

White: Brown one fight from title shot
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...om-title-shot/
    Brown was explicit at the post fight press conference about what he wanted.

"I am not calling it a title shot, I am calling it a title fight because I am not going to take a shot at it. I'm going to take the title when I go fight for it," said Brown.

The case against Brown is a simple one - he has no wins vs. top 10 fighters. However, looking at the fighters ranked above him, a solid case emerges for a title fight as soon as champion Robbie Lawler recovers from surgery.

1. Robbie Lawler - Had a title shot in March
    2. Rory MacDonald - On a one-fight win streak
    3. Tyron Woodley - 3-2 last five fights
    4. Carlos Condit - Injured
    5. Jake Ellenberger - 2-2 last four fights
    6. Hector Lombard - Only has two fights in the division
    7. Matt Brown

Never the less, UFC president Dana White firmly applied the brakes to title talk, noting that the back injury Brown sustained before a planned fight with Carlos Condit at UFC on FOX 9 in December is what delayed the process.

“I said, ‘You sound like the media. Calm down. Let me go home, and we’ll figure it out,'" related White. "Matt Brown should have already been in that position. He hurt his back with that Condit fight. That was the fight that was going to get him where he wanted to be. But this fight definitely puts him in a spot where we’ll give him one of those top contenders.”

Brown earns additional $100,000
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...tional-100000/
    Fight of the Night: Erik Silva vs. Matt Brown

Performance of the Night: Matt Brown

Performance of the Night: Johnny Eduardo

Erick Silva health OK, cleared to fly home
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...d-to-fly-home/
    “It was a pretty amazing performance on his part too," said Brown post fight. "At least in terms of catching me cold and putting me down and being able to withstand more punishment than anyone’s withstood from me before.”

As Brown had his arms raised, Silva lay motionless on the ground.

As fans filtered out of the arena, Silva was carried out on a stretcher.
    At the post fight press conference, UFC president Dana White said Brown had been transported to the hospital, and there were concerns about a possible concussion and broken jaw.

However, White tweeted good news in the early morning hours.

Dana White @danawhite
    Erick Silva came back with a clean bill of health and can fly home 2 morrow!!!
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I wouldn't disagree with that assessment.

I'd like to see him vs Lawler or condit still. Woodley could be fun too.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Brown vs. Lawler/condit is what I want. Then he gets the fight he has worked his ass off for. Lombard or Woodley would be the ones most likely to play spoiler to his win streak. IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Brown vs. Lawler/comdt is what I want. Then he gets the fight he has worked his ass off for.
    Id enjoy those fights however I'd want him to face woodley to see how he does against a top guy with a wrestling base like hendricks. Mind you I want to see him get a title shot so whoever he needs to face to get that I'm all for it but from a personal standpoint Id like to see Brown vs Woodley.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

The OP doesn't even know his ass from a hole in the ground.....

Case in point:

a solid case emerges for a title fight as soon as champion Robbie Lawler recovers from surgery.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    The OP doesn't even know his ass from a hole in the ground.....

Case in point:
    I noticed that too, but I just assumed it was a typo...

What about...

At the post fight press conference, UFC president Dana White said Brown had been transported to the hospital, and there were concerns about a possible concussion and broken jaw.

However, White tweeted good news in the early morning hours.
    ana White @danawhite
    Erick Silva came back with a clean bill of health and can fly home 2 morrow!!!
    Pretty terrible writing.

Anyways... If Brown is to fight Lombard for #1 contender spot, that fight needs to be 5 rounds; but that probably won't happen... Didn't Dana already say that the winner of Rory / Tyron is the #1 contender?

Later White said "I'll get you Superman", and was then punched in the face by a guy with spandex and a cape. I then turned the channel, and Dana White raced against Paul Walker, but then befriended him. It was a big night for the Baseball Prime Minister.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

10. Default

Agree one fight for a title fight is proper, but we've seen much less proper in the past and doubt it's over from happening again.

Thread Information