Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: White: Brown one fight from title shot

Once again I have to say Silva is a fuckin warrior. He took everything he physically could till his body just couldn't anymore. Hope he has a speedy recovery and quick comeback.

Brown is a fighter, no doubt about it but I think he will have issues with guy who have a wrestling background. There's more deserving ppl in front of Brown right now imo. He needs a top 10 win at least.

The winner of Ellenberger/Lawler would be perfect for Brown.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Brown is on a run, and he is putting on amazing fights. Which is really what makes you a number 1 contender for the UFC, he is going to be given a co-main event spot with a big title fight that will draw viewers. They can run his highlight reel and talk him and whoever is against him up, and set them into the spot for a title fight. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

I was impressed by how much damage Silva could with stand but other than that I didn't leave the fight thinking anything different about Brown. It was an ugly one sided beat down. Silva Gassed in the first 2 minutes of the fight when he had browns back, from there Silva was done and was getting beaten up the rest of the fight. Minus one other time were a Silva kick caught Brown in the same spot in the abdomen and Silva could do nothing with it because his gas tank was empty.

Silva took too much damage and was not defending himself I was actually cringing at times wanting the fight to be over.

He maybe one win away from a title shot but i wasn't overly impressed with his performance more shocked at how poor Silvas cardio was. Browns been in beast mode for a while but he walked through a guy who looked like he didn't belong in the octagon with him.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

I wouldn't attribute it to Silvas cardio being bad. I think it was probably more of an adrenaline dump after trying to finish in the first plus his first main event slot might've also affected him as well. I just don't think he'd come in outta shape like that, he also went 3 rounds with Fitch and didn't look that gassed from what I recall.

Brown isn't about impressing with sweet combos and head movement or shit like that. He's a guy that just comes in to make it a dog fight and he strives at doing that. The problem will be when he's matched up with a wrestler imo.

I think he's in trouble with an accurate striker who will stay in the pocket rather than back away looking for space.

Lawler or Diaz would be a ton of fun to watch.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

I honestly don't think anybody is more deserving. It's not his fault he's not getting the big fights.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

To me it is still very early to say that he is a future champion or anything like that. He has looked very good in his last fights but let's watch him against some Top 5 guy first.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Don't get me wrong, Brown is on a helluva run and has looked quite impressive and lord knows that guys have been given title fights on ALOT less merit.

But IMO, Brown still hasn't beaten a top ten WW(I suppose one could say Pyle is a periphery ten, but he'd be more in the early teens) and I don't have too much confidence in him beating anyone presently in the top ten. I say give him Lombard and see where things go from there.

Personally, I'd like to see Stungun II or maybe Saffiedine would be appropriate bouts to sincerely solidify Brown as a top ten fighter, but they're obviously looking to hotshot Brown in an impressive bout.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Brown is on a helluva run and has looked quite impressive and lord knows that guys have been given title fights on ALOT less merit.

But IMO, Brown still hasn't beaten a top ten WW(I suppose one could say Pyle is a periphery ten, but he'd be more in the early teens) and I don't have too much confidence in him beating anyone presently in the top ten. I say give him Lombard and see where things go from there.
    Personally, I'd like to see Stungun II or maybe Saffiedine would be appropriate bouts to sincerely solidify Brown as a top ten fighter, but they're obviously looking to hotshot Brown in an impressive bout.
    I think that would be the UFC giving Brown an ez shot at the title... Lombard is a beast but I don't think he has quite the gas tank would make the fight interesting vs Immortal.. I think this fight would be the easiest of the title competitors for Brown... we know that Brown has an insane gas tank and LOVES to push the pressure.. Lombard looked great in the first round of his last fight but faded and eeked out the decision

Stungun isn't quite on his level imo... and a fight against him doesn't prove a title shot to me (despite the common opponent).. and saffiedine isn't much of a test either... Brown has proved enough to get a top 6 fight for a do or die fight to earn a title fight both of these guys do not prove that point.. if the UFC choses either of these paths it throws out the credibility of the company for me (and up to this point despite the questionable decisions they've made I believe in them)

that makes me think that Brown would eat Lombard for lunch if he could wait out the storm yet push the pace... Brown has great sub d and the TDs and heavy handed strikes Hector throws plays into Matts hands... if we throw him a striker with good TDD or maybe if TWoods opponent gets hurt that would be a more worthy fight to see where he is at.. Rory & Lawler are much better tests and would prove the most to me

Thread Information