Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: White: Brown one fight from title shot

Would love to see Diaz/Brown. Think Diaz wins 2nd round TKO from body shots.

Quote Originally Posted by kingrobert View Post
    Nick Diaz vs Brown would be an amazing fight even though it doesn't really make any sense. Matt Brown needs another win vs a top 5 guy or Hector Lombard to earn a title shot IMO. Im not sure if he faces a wrestler that he wont get controlled.

Brown vs Diaz would be an awesome fight. Diaz is only 30 years old. Unretire for goodness sake.

Brown: I can knock out Johny Hendricks
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...hny-Hendricks/
    Matt Brown's impressive win at this past weekend's UFC Fight Night 45 was his seventh win in a row and is now likely a win away from a title shot.

Brown believes he has the tools to not only defeat champion Johny Hendricks, but to knock him out:

Damon Martin via FOX Sports

"I definitely don't think it would go to decision. Like I've said 100 times, I'm not going to hit him that many times and not knock him out. He's not going to stay on his feet if I hit him as many times as Robbie Lawler did. I'm a really accurate striker," Brown said.

"I hate to eat my own words because I hit Erick Silva a lot of times and he didn't go down and it went three rounds, but I've got to get my groove back. I can knock him out, I guarantee it."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Brown: I can knock out Johny Hendricks
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...hny-Hendricks/
    Come on now. Hendricks gives him the Fitch special imo. Hendricks only struggles with other wrestlers, while Brown's wrestling hasn't even been tested.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Hendricks only struggles with other wrestlers, while Brown's wrestling hasn't even been tested.
    Would you call Robbie Lawler a wrestler?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Come on now. Hendricks gives him the Fitch special imo. Hendricks only struggles with other wrestlers, while Brown's wrestling hasn't even been tested.
    Now I'm not saying brown would win this fight or anything but I will day your assessment that Hendricks only struggles against wrestlers is a bit off. He didn't exactly have an easy time with Robbie Lawler.
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

Lawler is a sprawl and brawl kinda guy. If I remember correctly he has a wrestling background but he uses it to keep his fights standing for the most part. Story, Pierce, and Kos are wrestlers first tho and all those fights were very close. Fitch is the only wrestler that Hendricks put away rather easily.

Edit: Am I missing something here or is the Lawler fight the only fight you guys seen Hendricks in?

Lawler is a sprawl and brawl kinda guy. If I remember correctly he has a wrestling background but he uses it to keep his fights standing for the most part. Story, Pierce, and Kos are wrestlers first tho and all those fights were very close. Fitch is the only wrestler that Hendricks put away rather easily.

Edit: Am I missing something here or is the Lawler fight the only fight you guys seen Hendricks in?
    Yea sure, I had never heard of him before the Lawler fight. I thought Hendricks was the owner of Jimmie Johnson's race car.

Ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

I figured

Are you saying Hendricks fight against Condit wasn't a struggle. It was back and forth and very competetive.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Thread Information