Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: White: Brown one fight from title shot

It's great that Brown is confident, but he needs to stay grounded in some reality. It's not like he's got a list of who's who in that win streak. More like a list of who's that. He's never accomplished Lawler's level of success and I don't believe he's nearly as devastating a striker as he is so he may want to shy away from those comments.

This is worse than the Bisping argument. Brown is even less deserving. Every ranked fighter above him should be in an uproar if he gets a title shot with one more win. The argument that some of those guys have a few losses or only a 1 or 2 fight win streak is irrelevant because they fight quality fighters. Give him any of those guys last 5 fights and Brown would have a considerably different record. His #6 ranking may be the softest ever.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

I forgot about that fight but tbh I don't remember much about that fight. I'd have to rewatch it.

Im talking about his wrestling since Hendricks is a wrestler after all and I can't recall the last wrestler Brown's faced.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    I forgot about that fight but tbh I don't remember much about that fight. I'd have to rewatch it.

Im talking about his wrestling since Hendricks is a wrestler after all and I can't recall the last wrestler Brown's faced.
    What fight are you talking about? And your second point is exactly why i want to see Brown fight Woodley.

I just checked his record. It looks like he hasn't fought a wrestler in his entire UFC career...WOW!
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

A pure wrestler? No, but plenty of good grapplers
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

I hate to say it, but I agree with the point that this is worse than Bisping's argument. I like Brown, but he hasn't fought anyone ranked, let alone won.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I hate to say it, but I agree with the point that this is worse than Bisping's argument. I like Brown, but he hasn't fought anyone ranked, let alone won.
    This right here. Brown puffs himself up a lot for somebody who doesn't have 1 win in the top 10.

I think we can all agree that at this point Brown deserves to fight a top contender, probably even someone in the top 5.

I don't think blame people on the message board for wanting to think past that (thinking past everything is pretty much what we do here), but in reality there's no reason to get ahead of ourselves.
    Give him a top contender, see how he performs, see what the division looks like at that point, and then decide who has the best resume to deserve a title shot. At least, that's what I would be saying if I were Dana.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    A pure wrestler? No, but plenty of good grapplers
    Im talking about him facing a wrestler that will put him on his ass if he's getting the better of the exchanges. See if he becomes more cautious with his striking and not over committing to them when there's the threat of a td. Hendricks would definitely do it, since we saw he did try using tds when Lawler got off some good shots and obviously in the last 2 rounds which got him the nod.

I'd like to see him face Rory or Woodley but I think Woodley is falling in love with his ko power and might abandon his wrestling soon until he receives a wake up call.

I'd like to see him face Rory or Woodley but I think Woodley is falling in love with his ko power and might abandon his wrestling soon until he receives a wake up call.
    I believe they call that the Koscheck Gameplan.
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

I think we can all agree that at this point Brown deserves to fight a top contender, probably even someone in the top 5.

I don't think blame people on the message board for wanting to think past that (thinking past everything is pretty much what we do here), but in reality there's no reason to get ahead of ourselves.
    Give him a top contender, see how he performs, see what the division looks like at that point, and then decide who has the best resume to deserve a title shot. At least, that's what I would be saying if I were Dana.
    Yeah I agree with you. Dana did say one more fight before a title shot. Many are acting as if he has the title shot locked up. I really find him to be overrated. An awesome fighter to watch mind you but I don't think he could beat anyone in the top 5. I think that when he finally faces a top guy he will lose and all of this will be moot point.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information