Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 68

Thread: White: Brown one fight from title shot

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I honestly don't think anybody is more deserving. It's not his fault he's not getting the big fights.
    You don't think he has a say in the fights he accepts and declines? Mcdonald, Woodley, Lombard, Ellenberger and Lawler would have all been options for him to fight in a similar time frame had he not just jumped and decided to fight the first name thrown at him in Silva.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,224

    Default

    Brown/Lawler would be amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,273

    Default

    Nick Diaz vs Brown would be an amazing fight even though it doesn't really make any sense. Matt Brown needs another win vs a top 5 guy or Hector Lombard to earn a title shot IMO. Im not sure if he faces a wrestler that he wont get controlled.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    california
    Posts
    2,979

    Default

    Has Matt Brown fought anybody in the top 10? In my personal opinion I think Brown is way overrated and will get smashed as soon as he fights someone in the top 10.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    Has Matt Brown fought anybody in the top 10? In my personal opinion I think Brown is way overrated and will get smashed as soon as he fights someone in the top 10.
    Didn't you think Erik Silva was going to "smash" Matt as well? Also, how exactly has he been overrated and by whom? I don't think anyone is saying he is the best fighter in the world. People are simply acknowledging his success and win streak. He just took out a younger, faster, and more athletic fighter in pretty impressive fashion I think the guy deserves some credit.
    Legalize MMA in New York


  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    270 MOTHERFUCKER
    Posts
    3,330

    Default

    in any other situation i would say fuck nick diaz and his $$$, but listening to joe rogan's podcast while watching the fight, he mentioned diaz versus brown and i'm pretty sure i came.

    give em both millions and make that shit happen for the love of god!!!!!!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carbondioxide830 View Post
    in any other situation i would say fuck nick diaz and his $$$, but listening to joe rogan's podcast while watching the fight, he mentioned diaz versus brown and i'm pretty sure i came.

    give em both millions and make that shit happen for the love of god!!!!!!
    That fight would be even better than brown vs Silva!!
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    california
    Posts
    2,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishX(aka bornbear) View Post
    Didn't you think Erik Silva was going to "smash" Matt as well? Also, how exactly has he been overrated and by whom? I don't think anyone is saying he is the best fighter in the world. People are simply acknowledging his success and win streak. He just took out a younger, faster, and more athletic fighter in pretty impressive fashion I think the guy deserves some credit.
    I thought Silva was going to beat him, definitely.

    He hurt him on the first exchange. Eric blew his wod going for that finish, simple as that. My hats off to Brown for staying in the fight and finishing Silva, he is a tough SOB; nobody is disputing that. But lets be real, Eric could barely even stand he was so exhausted so Brown should have finished him.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area.
    Posts
    14,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by singinkangaroooo View Post

    Stungun isn't quite on his level imo... and a fight against him doesn't prove a title shot to me (despite the common opponent).. and saffiedine isn't much of a test either... Brown has proved enough to get a top 6 fight for a do or die fight to earn a title fight both of these guys do not prove that point.. if the UFC choses either of these paths it throws out the credibility of the company for me (and up to this point despite the questionable decisions they've made I believe in them)

    that makes me think that Brown would eat Lombard for lunch if he could wait out the storm yet push the pace... Brown has great sub d and the TDs and heavy handed strikes Hector throws plays into Matts hands... if we throw him a striker with good TDD or maybe if TWoods opponent gets hurt that would be a more worthy fight to see where he is at.. Rory & Lawler are much better tests and would prove the most to me
    My line of thinking on a Stungun rematch or a Saffiedine bout is along the logic that Stungun is now on a four fight win streak and Saffiedine is on a five and they could really think the heard of contenders, however I agree and think they ARE going to look to sell a Brown contender fight and neither of those does anything for him, they're just bouts I'd like to see with regards to where Brown is at in the division, as I think Stungun beats him quite convincingly.

    They'll probably look to matchup Stungun and Saffiedine again and IMO, that's a helluva interesting matchup

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    You don't think he has a say in the fights he accepts and declines? Mcdonald, Woodley, Lombard, Ellenberger and Lawler would have all been options for him to fight in a similar time frame had he not just jumped and decided to fight the first name thrown at him in Silva.
    There are plenty of reasons to say Matt Brown isn't ready for a title fight. Saying that he never turns down a fight when offered is NOT one of them.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •