+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: White: Brown one fight from title shot

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post

Jon received a title shot after beating UFC newcomer Chris Wilson.
    It was very surreal to listen to buffer announce this guy and Goldie and Rogan commentating about him, seeing as how that's my name.

I still remember listening to guys in the IFL talk about him. Saying things like, "Chris Wilson is a badass." I thought to myself, "damn right i am!"

I said he earned a top 5 fight with his performance and if he beats a top 5 guy. No way he is number 1 contender right now, but if he beats a top 5 guy and no one else is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    So if Dana came out tomorrow and said that Matt was the new #1 contender, that would have been a gift?

Nate Diaz is a ready to fight.

Diaz contacted MMAFighting.com Friday night to say that he would like to fight the streaking Matt Brown next at 170 pounds.

"I want the Matt Brown fight," Diaz said. "That's what I'm looking for. I'm trying to fight the baddest motherf**kers out there. I'm not trying to fight some lame ass fighter that they're trying to build off of me.

"My brother is retired. So if this guy wants to fight a Diaz, he's got to fight me."

Following Brown's win over Erick Silva last weekend, his seventh in a row, some began to clamor for him to fight Nick Diaz next, however, Diaz appears, at least for now, to be content in retirement.

Nate Diaz, though, last fought in November when he defeated Gray Maynard via first-round TKO. He recently told MMAFighting.com that he was unhappy with his current UFC contract, and since then the UFC has removed him from their official rankings.

MMAFighting.com contacted Brown via his wife Colleen, however, they have yet to respond to Diaz's request.
    source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/16...tt-brown-fight

wow, did get goosebumps while reading this article. im gonna be honest and say, I'm not really a fan of both of this guys but man, if this fight happens, its going to be a war.
    why do you guys think of this match up? yay or nay?

Good for Nate, bad for Brown. Brown deserves a step up in competition, not a sidelined LW.

Besides, I'm guessing Nate still tries to renegotiate terms and doesn't accept the fight anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

5. Default

Tommy Toe Hold
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Loved that episode sak.

As much as I'd love to see Matt lay a good whoopin into Diaz, it really wouldn't advance him any closer to a title shot. Diaz needs to pull his head out of his ass and maybe call someone out in his own division. Maybe Issac Vallie-Flagg would be closer to a fight he deserves. Nate needs to set his sights a whole hell of a lot lower now that he's not ranked anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information