Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana White's stance on fans, fights, and the internet

Default Dana White's stance on fans, fights, and the internet

ďI found that our fans are going to bitch about everything. We know what fights people want to see. We have different types of fights, ones that hard-core MMA fans are into, and then fights that break through, that spill over into main stream that people will PPV to see. (On knowing what people want to see?) Because Iím the biggest fucking fight fan there is.
    ďI literally donít read the internet anymore. I used to go on all the time, but Iím just not into it anymore. Iíve shut myself off from that whole world. All you need to is to get some money, build a website and youíre an instant journalist.Ē
    ďÖItís tough to interact with people on the internet Ė nameless faceless people who can say what they want without consequences.Ē
    ďEngaging in social media is good if you have the patience and social skills.Ē
    - Dana White
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/5/9/570...-off-world-mma

So basically Dana said that he doesn't care what the fan thinks because since he is a fight fan he knows everythign that other fight fans want. Essentially he only cares about himself. Not that this is anything new but even Im shocked at how stupid a thing to say that is. Such horrible logic.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I think he has some good points.

The internet does provide a semi anonymous medium for anyone and everyone to shit talk about everything. With the lack of accountability, people will bitch about almost anything and some will get their kicks by trolling.

I often dont agree with Dana's opinion or the fights being booked by the UFC, but the thing is... Dana does know what he is doing, Dana has been very successful in creating and building the current UFC brand. $3 billion dollar value says Dana is doing a good job,
    The issue is, Dana always has a long term vision in mind, fans are ignorant of this business plan.

What I found amusing is Dana saying he doesnt read the internet, I find that hard to believe unless he is claiming that because one of his staff reads it to him - and he is basically admitting he doesnt do any of his own social media. Doesn't Dana tweet during events? Maybe he doesn't realize Twittter is on the internet.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I think the title of this thread is biased and promoter bashing (is that a thing?) and I think it should be changed. I think Dana has good points too. People on the internet bitch and complain about just about anything. The guy runs a billion dollar company and puts out one hell of a product. Why should he have to read peoples opinions on the internet? He watches all of the fights a hell of a lot closer than you or I, and knows how to please the fans based on that.

Keep up the good work Dana.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

The text pasted in above has been removed from it's original context. Of course, the original article may have taken the quotes out of context by presenting them in the way they did.

Also, the link above doesn't go to the original article. See below.

http://mmasucka.com/2014/05/08/manag...ts-dana-white/

I absolutely hate when a journalist interviews somebody, then cuts the interview into soundbites. It's too easy for the quotes to be taken out of context.

It's even worse when someone with an obvious bias then takes those quotes and mashes them together, out of context to support their point of view.
    Last edited by lordpyro; 05-12-2014 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Because I suck at spelling
    "Iím the man of the hour, too sweet to be sour. What you see is what you get and what you donít is better yet. Iím the womenís pick, Iím the menís regret and if you pick against Chael Sonnen you made a bad bet." - Chael Sonnen

"The only thing I'd bet against Chael Sonnen about is whether or not he's clean." - LoRd pYrO

Dana is a fucking idiot and he has always been a fucking idiot. But whatever, it is nothing new.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I think he has some good points.

The internet does provide a semi anonymous medium for anyone and everyone to shit talk about everything. With the lack of accountability, people will bitch about almost anything and some will get their kicks by trolling.

I often dont agree with Dana's opinion or the fights being booked by the UFC, but the thing is... Dana does know what he is doing, Dana has been very successful in creating and building the current UFC brand. $3 billion dollar value says Dana is doing a good job,
    The issue is, Dana always has a long term vision in mind, fans are ignorant of this business plan.

What I found amusing is Dana saying he doesnt read the internet, I find that hard to believe unless he is claiming that because one of his staff reads it to him - and he is basically admitting he doesnt do any of his own social media. Doesn't Dana tweet during events? Maybe he doesn't realize Twittter is on the internet.
    Dana tweets all of the time and does so in a very unprofessional manner. He curses people out and wines about shit a lot. If it is a PR person doing his twitter for him then that person should be fired because they are the worst PR person in the world.

honestly dana thinks a lot like me. usually it's joe silva who i disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by carbondioxide830 View Post
    honestly dana thinks a lot like me. usually it's joe silva who i disagree with.
    I don't think Joe Silva does much at all in terms of major fights. How many times has Dana talked about some fight happening in the post fight presser and than it happens regardless of it it makes sense or not? Joe Silva might be the "matchmaker extraordinaire" but really its Dana and the Ferititas who have the final say.

Ok, I'm kind of confused here. Did you start a thread just so you could bash Dana? You obviously don't like the guy, and I know a lot of people don't, but why specifically don't you like him? I get that you think he's an idiot but based on that quote alone, he really doesn't come across that badly...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

dana is indeed an overly emotional, reactionary idiot, but I don't have a problem with anything he's said about the state of MMA journalism here--particularly since the a-holes who printed and then repopped and re-repopped the interview proved his point in the process.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information