+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Dana White's stance on fans, fights, and the internet

  1. Default

    Dana being a idiot or not doesn't change if he's a big fan or not, but if he wasn't a fan would he be putting all the time he does. why not sell his share thats more money than him and his kids needs to live nicely and walk away.
    People need to think a little instead of posting hastly cause they can and people don't know who they are. Isn't that a main thing people bitch about Dana he speaks hastly before rashinizing his thoughts first

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,006

    Default

    The UFC is clearly a product geared toward the mainstreamrather than the hardcore fan.

    As much as I despise many of the things DFW says or does, I am always thankful that MMA is so well represented these days. It was very hard being a fan in the early-mid nineties and even the early 2000's. VHS/DVD and blackbelt magazine were damn near the only place to find news and results. Luckily, I had a "cracked" satellite for a long time.

    I'll leave the character discussion about DFW for another day and simply say that most of us beg for a product that meets our needs but may not be the most consumer-friendly. There are tweaks that could be made all over but the product is entertaining at minumum.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    The UFC is clearly a product geared toward the mainstreamrather than the hardcore fan.

    As much as I despise many of the things DFW says or does, I am always thankful that MMA is so well represented these days. It was very hard being a fan in the early-mid nineties and even the early 2000's. VHS/DVD and blackbelt magazine were damn near the only place to find news and results. Luckily, I had a "cracked" satellite for a long time.

    I'll leave the character discussion about DFW for another day and simply say that most of us beg for a product that meets our needs but may not be the most consumer-friendly. There are tweaks that could be made all over but the product is entertaining at minumum.
    The thing that pissed me off was "how do I know what the fans want? Because I'm the biggest fucking fight fan out there that's why!" So basically he thinks what he wants is what the fans want which is stupid as hell if you ask me.

    Also yeah its almost as if they don't care about the hardcore fans at all unless they are trying to drain their pockets with things such as UFC Fight Pass. thats really unlike other sports who do a lot to reward hardcore fans. For example the NFL puts on a shit ton of awesome free stuff to do during the NFL draft (which is free to attend you just have to wait outside for a while) especially during the later rounds. I think its very dumb you have to pay to go to UFC fan expos.
    Last edited by IceCold48; 05-13-2014 at 11:26 AM.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,555

    Default

    I actually agree with Dana on most of what was said. Especially when it was transcribed by a decent journalist (thank you Cat) and not a complete hack, which only backed up Dana's comments.

    The most important thing I can take away from this thread is: I'm just glad Rampage still has his sight after that vicious eye-poke.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,006

    Default

    I forgot to add one note:

    I debate White's assertion that he is truly a big fan of the sport. I believe he's a fan of the UFC and of course himself and his buddies. However, a fan generally lacks the ability to separate personal preferences/prejudices from business decisions and White nearly always errs on the side of business.

    If he truly was the biggest fan of mma, we would have seen Wand/Chuck in 2003 and Fedor facing Lesnar/Couture.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I forgot to add one note:

    I debate White's assertion that he is truly a big fan of the sport. I believe he's a fan of the UFC and of course himself and his buddies. However, a fan generally lacks the ability to separate personal preferences/prejudices from business decisions and White nearly always errs on the side of business.

    If he truly was the biggest fan of mma, we would have seen Wand/Chuck in 2003 and Fedor facing Lesnar/Couture.
    In his defense we would've saw Wand vs Chuck is Chuck didn't lose to Rampage in the semis of the Gradn Prix.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,006

    Default

    He still had opportunities to sign the fight afterward but I do agree with you.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,956

    Default

    No one tell Dana that UFC.tv is on the internet...
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

  9. Default

    I'm just enjoying the bashing.

    Carry on.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.


  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Dana being a idiot or not doesn't change if he's a big fan or not, but if he wasn't a fan would he be putting all the time he does. why not sell his share thats more money than him and his kids needs to live nicely and walk away.
    People need to think a little instead of posting hastly cause they can and people don't know who they are. Isn't that a main thing people bitch about Dana he speaks hastly before rashinizing his thoughts first
    I'm not arguing his fandom (although Simple Jack makes some solid points) I'm saying thinking that because he is a fight fan means that his opinion automatically represents the opinion of majority of the fans is rediculous.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •