Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JCVD's 'Kickboxer' to be remade starring GSP

Default JCVD's 'Kickboxer' to be remade starring GSP

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-starring-GSP/

Now news comes from Cannes, France that the opus will be remade, starring former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and WWE star Dave Bautista.

The project should draw keen interest at the Cannes Film Market, where Brian O'Shea's The Exchange will begin shopping the film to foreign buyers later this week.

Producer Ted Field of Radar Pictures has been plotting the remake for a year, signing Hong Kong filmmaker Stephen Fung to direct. Fung's credits include the wildly popular Chinese martial arts movies Tai Chai Zero (2012) and Tai Chi Hero (2012).

Kickboxer also has signed stuntman and martial artist Alain Moussi as its lead. Moussi has worked in a number of Hollywood event films, including Fox's upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past. His credits include Pacific Rim and White House Down.

"Alain is a star and will be an amazing leading man," said Field. "Like Vin in Riddick, Alain will make this movie very special, and this Kickboxer will be the start of an amazing franchise."

Kickboxer tells the story of David and Kurt Sloan, the descendants of a well-known Venice, Calif., fighting dynasty. When David wins the Karate World Championship, a promoter lures him to Hong Kong, despite his brother's protestations that the man is a crook. When Kurt travels to Thailand to meet his brother, he discovers he has died and seeks his revenge.

“We have a visionary director, a strong Hollywood producer, great cast and an action-packed script based on a well-known property," said O'Shea. "What more can you ask for?”
    "David and Kurt Sloan are the descendants of a well-known Venice, California dynasty of champions," explains the press release from Jazo PR. "Both are top-notch fighters and athletes in the prime of their lives. When David wins the Karate World Championship, a promoter lures him to Hong Kong despite Kurt's protests that the man is a crook. Not soon after, Kurt receives a letter from David and heads to Thailand to meet him. When he arrives, he discovers his brother is dead. The man responsible is the viscous Tong Po. Desperate to seek revenge, Kurt turns to Xian Chow, his brother's former mentor. To defeat the man who killed his brother, Kurt must look within himself to find the strength and courage of a champion."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

In before straight to DVD.

Straight to DVD? Are you forgetting about the other blockbusters that GSP has stared in, like Death Warrior, Never Surrender, and the first 10 minutes of Captain America 2. I mean just look at the movie poster for Death Warrior...

There are fucking chains on it! How badass is that!? Combine that with the star power of Quinton "Rampage" Jackson from "The A-Team" and the incomparable Keith Jardine (the only reason breaking bad was so successful), and you have box office gold! St. Pierre is going to have another hit on his hands just like this one but without the originality.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

So they're doing a Kickboxer reboot and GSP ISN'T playing JCVD's character?

I'm done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Can't wait to see GSP bust out some of these sweet moves...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/1fe90b82b...siguo1_250.gif
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kbxr.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	698  

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Straight to DVD? Are you forgetting about the other blockbusters that GSP has stared in, like Death Warrior, Never Surrender, and the first 10 minutes of Captain America 2.
    I see your point, but you really should have left out Captain America 2 as it is in fact a blockbuster.

Wasn't the first one straight to dvd?
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

The first Kickboxer? No way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Who is playing Juan Po?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Straight to DVD? Are you forgetting about the other blockbusters that GSP has stared in, like Death Warrior, Never Surrender, and the first 10 minutes of Captain America 2. I mean just look at the movie poster for Death Warrior...

Hate all you want but bottom right, middle girl......two good reasons to do damn near anything....
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Thread Information