+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soa Palelei makes quick turnaround, fights Jared Rosholt on June 28 in New Zealand

Default Soa Palelei makes quick turnaround, fights Jared Rosholt on June 28 in New Zealand

Soa Palelei makes quick turnaround, fights Jared Rosholt on June 28 in New Zealand
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/5/14/57...ew-zealand-mma
    Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight Soa Palelei has been booked to throw down against top division prospect Jared Rosholt at the upcoming UFC Fight Night 43 event in New Zealand, which is scheduled to take place on June 28, 2014, inside Auckland's Vector Arena.

UFC (via New Zealand Herald) announced the pending scrap earlier today.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Staying busy and knocking fools out. Thats a great way to stay in THE ZUFFA's good graces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Staying busy and knocking fools out. Thats a great way to stay in THE ZUFFA's good graces.
    Not gonna happen this time though Jared by decision.

Hulk smash!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I genuinely don't feel either of those guys are "UFC caliber" and think the top six or so BFC HWs are streets ahead of these two. Rosholt has the credentials, but he's not winning any fans with his style and isn't dynamic enough to really stand out. I have him LNPing his way to a decision and gassing Palelei after two minutes....so Soa has to minutes or so IF he can avoid the takedowns, to knock Rosholt out or SOA is SOL!

Derrick Lewis blasted Jared not too long ago and it was largely because Rosholt's standup is pretty shoddy and sloppy at best and if he can't get it down to the ground because he's sucking wind, he's lost. He's a puppy with big paws, but just the wrong type of HW to really get excited over....

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I genuinely don't feel either of those guys are "UFC caliber" and think the top six or so BFC HWs are streets ahead of these two.
    I don't think either of them will ever be champ but I still think Soa belongs there. The guy is riding one hell of a streak and he's a finisher. There's no question he has a suspect gas tank, but he's finished 9 or his last 11 opponents in the first round so who cares?

Also...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I don't think either of them will ever be champ but I still think Soa belongs there. The guy is riding one hell of a streak and he's a finisher. There's no question he has a suspect gas tank, but he's finished 9 or his last 11 opponents in the first round so who cares?

Also...

LOL, fuck Pierce!

I totally get that people enjoy that "stand and bang" gonzo, gusto style and that he's getting first round finishes that are exciting, but there are tons of guys on the regional circuits around the world in various weight classes that amass these huge streaks that can't really hold much water when you start to dissect exactly who they're beating since the records look so padded. I always go back to posing the "who'd he beat" question and until recently, that resume is pretty much a jabroni-a-thon.

I dunno, I look at a guy like Palelei, at almost 37 with a limited skill set and PERSONALLY, that's not my cup of tea for good MMA. That said, good HW's are hard to find and you are more likely to get gassed, lumbering bouts, but I think the UFC should seek to present a superior product of athletes and IMO, I don't have Palelei on it. Again, I totally appreciate why he's on the cards and that he gives exciting bouts, but I'm not a fan of winging it like he does.

I agree that time and cardio is not on Soa's side but fuck me dead that guy has some scary ground'n'pound. He's turning guys into eyes-open corpses with one or two clean shots.

Jared who?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I genuinely don't feel either of those guys are "UFC caliber" and think the top six or so BFC HWs are streets ahead of these two. Rosholt has the credentials, but he's not winning any fans with his style and isn't dynamic enough to really stand out. I have him LNPing his way to a decision and gassing Palelei after two minutes....so Soa has to minutes or so IF he can avoid the takedowns, to knock Rosholt out or SOA is SOL!

Derrick Lewis blasted Jared not too long ago and it was largely because Rosholt's standup is pretty shoddy and sloppy at best and if he can't get it down to the ground because he's sucking wind, he's lost. He's a puppy with big paws, but just the wrong type of HW to really get excited over....
    I beg to differ. What with the current state of the HW division, both of these fighters are prospects despite Soa being a vet. Soa has the possibility of making some money within the gatekeeper realm. All the power to him. Jared, on the other hand, is questionable. It's not like there are giants clamouring at the doors of the HW division in droves. These guys certainly are not world-beaters or top 20 in the world, but they are trying to stake a claim and make a name for themselves.

I'd wager Soa will end it in the first or second.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information