+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 83

Thread: Is the UFC ready for an openly gay male fighter?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    I do not care if a fighter is gay or not. However I agree that there is no need at all to make it public.
    If a guy comes out and says "I am heterosexual and I am very proud of it" many people will consider him as a homophobe. However if a gay says "I am homosexual and I am proud of it" everybody will be like "Wow!! That's awesome! He is so brave, he is my favorite fighter now!!".

    People want to put homosexuality as something normal and natural, in that case why a fighter should tell in public that he is gay?
    No one is encouraging heterosexuals to brag about their sexual preferences. Why they are encouraging gays to do so? Only because they are a minority?

    They want people to respect them and leave them alone with their non traditional sexual orientation, Ok, so then why they want gay fighters to come out of the closet and tell the whole world that they like cocks? That is their private life.



    Who is afraid of them? No one will be afraid of some person only because he is gay. Afraid is definitely not the correct word.

    I know a lot of gay people, and I have no problems with them at all.
    However I will not deny that it makes me sick to think about a man sucking a dick or inserting his dick in another man's anus.
    You can say that I am dumb or that I am unsure about my heterosexuality, I don't care.

    I am not saying that gay people should be chased and punched (Like in Russia) only because they are homosexuals (Very different story for pedophiles).
    Most of them are absolutely normal people and actually many of them are very talented and are really great at their professions.
    It is just that I think that there is no need at all for them to come out and publicly say that they are gays. Just like for a heterosexual person there is no need at all to come out and say that he is hetero.
    Has there ever been a time when someone who was heterosexual was discriminated against because they were heterosexual? Definitely not nearly as many times as what a homosexual goes through. I do agree that it shouldn't be a big deal, but when you have a vocal portion of society that thinks your less of a person and don't deserve equal rights, it is a big deal when strides are made.
    You have to know what you don't know.

  2. #22

    Default

    I, being a season ticket holder for the mu tigers was very proud of our sec defensive player of the year. I enjoyed his seasons at Missouri. He had to come out. Most of columbia knew he was gay. He wore rainbow wrist bands and frequented the gay bar. I am proud of my town for not making it a big deal. That said the news was gonna drop. I am glad he got to announce it on his terms. Unfortunately he is to short for dline and to slow for lb in pros. Hopefully he makes special teams and practice squad. It is news b/c he is breaking barriers. Again I am very proud of our Michael Sam.

  3. Default

    I just love this board. I truly do. Trust me tinkerbell I "get it". I'm much more a football fan than a Mma fan and my knowledge runs deep and feel I'm extremely knowledgeable about the sport of American football.

    You said he came out to boost his draft stock, but he fell right where the so called analysts had him going which was late in the 6-7th rounds.

    And camera crews aren't with 7th round players, you are also correct. But Michael Sam transcends the round he was drafted in. When you are the first in something, people are curious, people want to know what is going on. That's just the gist of it in today's world. Had he been the 24th openly gay player drafted, no one would've cared. But being the first, that is saying something and that is worth celebrating.

    I'm so glad that Jackie Robinson didn't accomplish his feat in the age of Twitter.

    It's always interesting to me to hear people say "it's about the game" not about anything else, or maybe not even a football game but life in general. But those people are usually straight, white, males who have the luxury of not being the first to do anything.

  4. #24

    Default

    You are correct. I am a straight white male. Saying you football knowledge exceeds your MMA isn't really saying much.

    Tinkerbell? Was that your pet name during your time away?

    Don't kid yourself. Saka. Everyone knows your morally superior routine on here. He ain't the first gay player. If you would actually use your brain instead of trying to come off as better as everyone else or throw lame insults like tinkerbell out there then maybe you wouldn't cry and bitch and take your ball and go home so often. I don't give a fuck that he went in the 7th close to where he projected( actually that was the high most thought undrafted). My point is the timing of his announcement. If you can't see how the timing was just him using being gay as a benefit that's your problem. If you are truly going to ignore the fact that I said its not about being gay but that I am tired of people using anything to get media exposure to compensate that they are not that good. Also I do believe I even said its an injustice that the Rams and fisher all but said they drafted him because he was gay. Sorry but he should be drafted on his skills alone. His preference of hole or pole shouldn't matter.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Folks, we are in the era of the 24 hour news cycle. They gotta talk about something.
    That should be their motto, and like I have said, it's also the problem.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!


  6. Default

    Keep on insulting me. I'm used to it by now. You started it by saying I didn't get it, or that I possibly couldn't know what I was talking about.

    And I'll say it again, I think you are wrong for saying him coming out was used as a advantageous tool to get him drafted. He isn't the first gay football player drafted? Who was then?

    Tinkerbell was the name I got in prison. How did you know? Man I sucked all the dicks there. 100's of them.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,760

    Default

    In a row?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    2,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    In a row?
    Please tell me that's a Clerks reference...

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Please tell me that's a Clerks reference...
    Of course it is
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    2,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Of course it is
    That is terrific. Now I have to share.


    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •