Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Souza wants a title shot or Vitor Belfort next, 'done' fighting lower-ranked UFC cont

Default Souza wants a title shot or Vitor Belfort next, 'done' fighting lower-ranked UFC cont

Souza wants a title shot or Vitor Belfort next, 'done' fighting lower-ranked UFC contenders
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/5/14/57...contenders-ufc
    Gilberto Faria, Souza's manager, recently informed Ariel Helwani on the latest edition of "UFC Tonight:"

"We are done fighting guys behind us in the rankings.... It's time to release the beast!"
    Contenders ahead of Souza in the rankings (see the latest edition here) include division champion Chris Weidman, former 185-pound kingpin (and fellow friendly Brazilian) Anderson Silva, Lyoto Machida and, of course, Vitor Belfort.

Weidman and Machida are already booked to headline UFC 175 this summer, while Silva -- who would reluctantly agree to fight Souza -- isn't expected back in the Octagon until early 2015 because of a broken shin.

Last man standing, therefore, is Belfort.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Makes sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Okami was ahead of him when they fought, but I completely agree. After that win, he deserves a #1 contender fight.

I like that they focused on "release the beast" (which made me laugh) over complaining about other fighters getting opportunities. For once, some classy PR in MMA.

I want to see Jacare strangle Belfort and cement his spot as the next number one contender.

Idk but I think Vitor would probably ko Jacare. I don't want Jacare getting knocked down the ladder.

Does not make sense in terms of the rankings, but I'd love to see him fight Bisping.

If you have what it takes to be champ then surely you can beat another fighter instead of waiting a year for a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    If you have what it takes to be champ then surely you can beat another fighter instead of waiting a year for a fight.
    Agreed but I don't like his chances against Vitor.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Idk but I think Vitor would probably ko Jacare. I don't want Jacare getting knocked down the ladder.
    Vitor potentially could drop Souza easily, but I think it would be a damn good fight! I Definitely want to see that or Jacare vs Machida.

Quote Originally Posted by the_dark_angel_4ever View Post
    Does not make sense in terms of the rankings, but I'd love to see him fight Bisping.
    Bisping would be picked apart and destroyed, his career cant handle that right now. Honestly think the Tim Kennedy fight could of went differently, but it didnt. Tim just didnt look like his usual self that night, was shocked he didnt finish.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Thread Information