+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Souza wants a title shot or Vitor Belfort next, 'done' fighting lower-ranked UFC cont

Def a fight that makes sense. Jacare is a great measuring stick to see how vitor fares against top comp minus the TRT

I'd like to see him rematch Moose or Rockhold before he declares himself ready for a title fight. I believe both should be ranked above him. I appreciate the fact that he acknowledges that he hasn't been fighting the elite of the division, but following that up with a title shot request is a paradox. I think this is an exciting division right now.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by grambino View Post
    I'd like to see him rematch Moose or Rockhold before he declares himself ready for a title fight. I believe both should be ranked above him. I appreciate the fact that he acknowledges that he hasn't been fighting the elite of the division, but following that up with a title shot request is a paradox. I think this is an exciting division right now.
    Wiedman didn't exactly fight the "elite" of the division either before he got his title shot. His shiny undefeated record did more for him than his victories in the UFC. Jacare has been destroying guys for many years and is one of the best MW fighters in the world. He more than deserves a #1 contenders fight.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Wiedman didn't exactly fight the "elite" of the division either before he got his title shot. His shiny undefeated record did more for him than his victories in the UFC. Jacare has been destroying guys for many years and is one of the best MW fighters in the world. He more than deserves a #1 contenders fight.
    I think we're basically in agreement. I think he's a very good fighter who's ready, willing and deserving for a step up in competition. I just think he needs one top ten win to get that #1 contender fight. I won't lose sleep either way, but I do feel the division is in a different place at this point than it was just a short time ago when Weidman got his shot. Also, Weidman didn't have any losses to guys ranked below him. This is probably where my issue lies I guess. They both beat Jacare and their losses are to Machida and Vitor so it makes no sense for Jacare to be ranked above them. But, I'll pay to watch Jacare fight whoever they put him in with.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information