Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ken Shamrock spotted on 50 Cent security detail, now protects 'high-end clients'

1. Default Ken Shamrock spotted on 50 Cent security detail, now protects 'high-end clients'

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/1/10/52...ovides-private

Spurned Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Hall of Famer Ken Shamrock -- once known by most mixed martial arts (MMA) fans as "The World's Most Dangerous Man" thanks to his exploits inside the confines of a cage -- has seemingly embarked on a new career.

Shamrock, apparently, now works as a bodyguard, giving his old nickname a whole new meaning. Indeed, the 49-year-old former World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) superstar was spotted during the CES convention in Las Vegas, Nevada, earlier this week on the security detail for the 50 Cent entourage.

And Shamrock later confirmed via Twitter that he's now working for Pro-tectGlobal, a company that provides private security for several "high-end clients," including hip-hop mogul -- and boxing promoter -- Mr. Curtis Jackson:

KEN SHAMROCK @ShamrockKen

@50cent - it's been a pleasure working with you and your team, you are by far one of the classiest gents I have ever worked with. God bless
    The fact that Shamrock is finally giving up on fighting for a living and taking his "talents" elsewhere is long overdue.

Shamrock's money issues are well-documented. And those financial troubles most recently surfaced when UFC President Dana White explained the reason Shamrock had been publicly thrashing him through the media, warning the "Lion's Den" member he was coming for $175,000 in attorney's fee's that Shamrock is ordered to pay.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Could be a pretty solid business plan if you could recruit some older fighters with training.

I hope people don't see this as something incredibly negative.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Shamrock was just reaching out to Vince McMahon. Seems like he's looking for work. It's snowing here, I wonder if he shovels? Anyhow, it seems like a decent job for him. You do need a level head in that line of protection services (not saying that Ken doesn't).

With the skills he and many other aging vets have they are more than capable at providing security even at their age. I know damn sure the average guy still cannot hold a candle to Shamrock and his ilk.
    [CENTER]"The time is almost upon us....
    I will remake this pathetic orb in my image, and then the stars."
    Apocalypse

5. Default

He could be doing worse things with his time.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Could be a pretty solid business plan if you could recruit some older fighters with training.

I hope people don't see this as something incredibly negative.
    I would think very much a positive. Security deals with mainly run of the mill every day jackasses. A fighter who is past his prime could easily handle that. In fact, it will probably end up being his bread and butter until he his too old to beat ass.

Fuck Ken Shamrock. He's a prick I met him when I was 17 12 years ago and said I looked "too soft" to hack it in MMA. Douche.
    "After Overeem lands two knees, Fujita backs into the corner then sheepishly tries sneaking past. Alistair punches him back into the corner and lands a third knee that I swear lights on fucking fire before it impacts.". -cracked version of the climax of Fujita vs Overeem fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid View Post
    I get nervous when I see security guards at Target.

I like him even more for saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by somethindarker View Post
    Fuck Ken Shamrock. He's a prick I met him when I was 17 12 years ago and said I looked "too soft" to hack it in MMA. Douche.
    truth soulds like hate to those who dont want to here the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip View Post
    I like him even more for saying that.
    Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    truth soulds like hate to those who dont want to here the truth
    Haha true but Fedor looks like Homer Simpson and he tore ass for 30+ fights, it gave me drive to be the man I am today but that was fucking harsh to tell a kid. Just showed how much of a moron he was, he raised an eyebrow and laughed it off when the promoter of the event told him I was the runner up for the tourny he was "spectating".

I've met alot of fighters and trainers over the years but he was the only dude who judged a book by it's cover. Shit I thought Matt Hughes was gonna be an asshole back before I met him but the dude was cool as hell.
    Last edited by somethindarker; 01-10-2014 at 02:58 PM.
    "After Overeem lands two knees, Fujita backs into the corner then sheepishly tries sneaking past. Alistair punches him back into the corner and lands a third knee that I swear lights on fucking fire before it impacts.". -cracked version of the climax of Fujita vs Overeem fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid View Post
    I get nervous when I see security guards at Target.

Thread Information