Thread: Daniel Cormier calls Bellator cheaters, backs off the next day.

1. Default Daniel Cormier calls Bellator cheaters, backs off the next day.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/19...-it-was-in-the

LOS ANGELES -- Daniel Cormier wasn't a happy camper when the decision was read in Saturday night's Bellator 120 main event between Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and "King Mo" Lawal.

Cormier counts Lawal among his close friends and is a former training partner. So when a controversial unanimous decision was read against Lawal, Cormier let fly with an indiscrete tweet questioning Bellator's integrity.

"@BellatorMMA sucks they are cheaters,"Cormier tweeted.
    By the time Monday rolled around, Cormier was back in control. At a downtown media gathering promoting his UFC 173 co-main event bout with Dan Henderson, Cormier said his emotions got the best of him and he didn't mean to imply corruption in the rival MMA company.

"It was in the moment," Cormier told MMAFighting.com in a one-on-one interview. "They're not responsible for the judges. It was just being upset and tweeting what's on your mind."
    Cormier, of course, stands by his belief that Lawal won the fight. It's not an uncommon thought: According to MMADecisions.com, 11 of 12 media members polled scored the bout 29-28 in favor of Lawal; the 12th scored it a draw.

Cormier, like most, felt Lawal won the first and third rounds. Jackson got rounds two and three on all three scorecards to take the 29-28 decision.

"I thought [Lawal] won the fight," Cormier said. "He won the first and third pretty clearly. That's where I had the issue. But again, I'm emotionally invested. It's not like I'm watching it without any bias. I thought he won the fight."
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

What an idiotic thing to say. He acts like the UFC doesn't have ever have controversial decisions when they happen ALL THE TIME. Ok yeah "heat of the moment" blah blah blah but that doesn't even matter the heat of the moment makes you completely forget that the organization has nothing to do with the judges at all? Can't stand Cormier.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I like Cormier as a fighter but man he comes off as way 'holier than thou' when he speaks

He made a mistake. Was man enough to admit. Move on. That is all.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    He made a mistake. Was man enough to admit. Move on. That is all.
    No! It's over when I say it's over!

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    No! It's over when I say it's over!
    Are you a singing fat lady?
    You have to know what you don't know.

Thread Information