+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alexander Shlemenko says Bellator 120 loss to Ortiz was 'a very good experience'

1. Default Alexander Shlemenko says Bellator 120 loss to Ortiz was 'a very good experience'

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/alexand...ood-experience

Stone-faced Bellator middleweight champion Alexander Shlemenko didn’t have much to say about his loss in a light heavyweight bout against Tito Ortiz, but he believes there is a silver lining to the experience.

“I have nothing to say,” Shlemenko said via an interpreter after getting choked unconscious by the UFC Hall of Famer at this past Saturday’s Bellator 120 event. “It’s just too bad, and I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to win this fight.

“Congratulations to Tito for this win, and it was a very, very good experience for me.”
    Shlemenko (50-8 MMA, 11-2 BMMA) scored early against Ortiz (17-11-1 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) with several of his patented body shots, but he looked like a fish out of water when he was taken to the mat. Ortiz managed to secure an arm-triangle choke from top position and squeezed until the Russian went unconscious, prompting the referee to wave off the bout midway through the first round.

It was Shlemenko’s first loss in three years and 13 fights. From its inception, many MMA observers wrote off the matchup as a sideshow attraction because of the weight disparity between the fighters.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

This looks bad for alexander! He should of never takin this fight . Size difference was to extreme and titos not a side show like those 9 foot monsters that use to fight in pride!. Wonder what the vegas odds where?

The funniest/most retarded part of the fight was after when Tito was running around saying "I'm Back, I'm Back!"
    Muthafucka please, you just beat a natural Middleweight that could easily cut to Welterweight.
    You beat up someone that was about 30-40lbs lighter than you. He probably had a tougher time beating Jenna. !ZIiiNG!
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Alex asked for this fight, no idea why. And the commission shouldn't have let this fight happen, the size difference was dangerously wide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

I feel all this size dif crap is coming from ufc fanboys. So 30lbs is such a big deal in bellator but when jones is clearly that much bigger then say sonnen, shogun, evans, and belfort its all good and hes praised as the best fighter in the world. Beating smaller guys dont make you the p4p best PERIOD. That Bellator ppv was very good for there 1st ppv, it wasnt watered down like most recent ufc ppvs. Im sure i will get heat from the ufc nut huggers but as a true fan who knows that this is mma and not ufc this is how i feel. I truely enjoy bellator and wsof, and lately they been putting on better cards then watered down ufc cards.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulForPeace View Post
    I feel all this size dif crap is coming from ufc fanboys. So 30lbs is such a big deal in bellator but when jones is clearly that much bigger then say sonnen, shogun, evans, and belfort its all good and hes praised as the best fighter in the world.
    are any of those names listed guys who can / should make the cut to WW? No? didnt think so....but good attempt.

That Bellator ppv was very good for there 1st ppv
    That bellator ppv was trash.

it wasnt watered down like most recent ufc ppvs.
    you're right, it was waterd down with UFC / Zuffa rejects.

Im sure i will get heat from the ufc nut huggers but as a true fan who knows that this is mma and not ufc this is how i feel. I truely enjoy bellator and wsof, and lately they been putting on better cards then watered down ufc cards.
    What watered down cards are you talking about? i would argue the last 6-7 cards have been awesome and the next few coming up (this weekend, 174-176 and the card inbetween) have potential to be just as good.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    are any of those names listed guys who can / should make the cut to WW? No? didnt think so....but good attempt.

What watered down cards are you talking about? i would argue the last 6-7 cards have been awesome and the next few coming up (this weekend, 174-176 and the card inbetween) have potential to be just as good.
    Sounds like something a UFC fanboy would say. /sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post

Shocking that someone with the name bonesknows is going to defend the ufc saying bellators ppv trash blah blah blah. Wonder why this site has went to shit. Got people who dont know that its called MMA not UFC. Your one of these guys who think that if fighters are not in the ufc that they not good, UFC does NOT have all the best fighters, they have some of the best. They protect certain fighters and push them like they some of the nest, Bisping comes to mind, oh hes top 10 damn guy doesnt have a victory over a current ufc fighter. They cut guys like fitch, okami and shields who im sure you will say that they not that good, they all top 10. Then theirs Askren who dana doesnt want to come in becase he will grind out all hese guys dana trys to build as the best. I love this sport but Dana is a bad face for it and fans who lick his ball sweat and eat up everything he says, its a joke. Jones is NOT the p4p best, your going to defend him to the death because dana tells you he is. No point in to argue cause ufc fan boys dont know any better. , I gave my opinion and thats it, some ufc idiots need to get off danas balls, thinking that ufc is all there is, is bad for the sport, bad for fighters period.

Take this with a serious grain of salt, but I'm still hearing rumours that this fight was a work to rebuild Tito as a draw for BFC and Schlemenko took this fight at a higher weight class for that conspiratorial reason. One could be hinked to this idea given how dinged up Tito was getting in the standup until he just big brothered his way into the choke, which is an easy out for a work....if it were a work.

I dunno about that, I'm not saying I believe it or anything, but the line dropped a bit as the PPV went on before the fight and it's not like Shlemenko being a small MW and Tito's a large LHW was new news. Tito now has a win under his belt and the can run with him for the short-term and he was cage side for the main event, with the word being that he was going to call out the winner, before the Mo/Dick Ridin' schmoz.

IMO, Tito can say he's "healthy" enough to fight and all that but in sincere fairness to him, I've heard that his neck and back are seriously fucked. He genuinely hasn't been physically "at his peak" for many years and probably shouldn't be fighting due to the cumulative damage he's sustained.

If I'm matchmaking BFC going forward, I wonder if they don't do Mo/Page II and Tito/Newton for the title on the next PPV. It sounds crazy but they don't seem completely married to the tourney concept anymore regarding title shots and they obviously want some "draws" on their PPV and could sell this matchup with the winners against each other. I just get the feeling that BFC wants big names in major spots until they establish themselves and their brand stars and to casual fans, Rampage and Tito have that marquee value when it comes to LHW.

Dunno how this impacts Shlemenko's spot at MW, since he does have the out of "I was majorly undersized" and he isn't facing many world beaters in the BFC MW division(unless they've secretly signed Mamed) and it's not as though he is or was a PPV draw per se. Maybe it damages his cred and it was silly to book, but I think he continues to cut a swath at MW in BFC until somebody better comes along and that won't be anytime soon looking at their current MW roster.

Shlemenko looked extremely small next to Tito. It looked like it was a LW facing a LHW.

As for the PPV, well it was not amazing, but it was decent for their first PPV.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information