+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nate Diaz: 'I want the Matt Brown fight'

Default Nate Diaz: 'I want the Matt Brown fight'

Nate Diaz: 'I want the Matt Brown fight'
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/16...tt-brown-fight
    "I want the Matt Brown fight," Diaz said. "That's what I'm looking for. I'm trying to fight the baddest motherf**kers out there. I'm not trying to fight some lame ass fighter that they're trying to build off of me.

"My brother is retired. So if this guy wants to fight a Diaz, he's got to fight me."
    Update: When asked for a comment regarding Diaz's request, Brown said, "I respect what he said about wanting to fight the baddest motherf*ckers, but I have to talk to my manager."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

It'd be a great stand up fight, but lets be real: Brown beating NATE Diaz doesn't put Matt any closer to a title shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    It'd be a great stand up fight, but lets be real: Brown beating NATE Diaz doesn't put Matt any closer to a title shot.
    Agreed.. but I bet Nate thinks with a win he should get a title shot

I do not want to see Brown fight another guy that isn't in the top ten. That makes little sense to me.

I'd say the points that you guys have made are the reasons why he needs to talk to his manager. I'd say normally he'd accept in a heart beat, but he has no interest any fights that don't lead to the title.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

6. Default

Id counter Nate by saying Matt shouldnt be "trying to fight some lame ass fighter that they're trying to build off of me.(him)" Nate can earn a ranked fight, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Those wacky Diaz Brothers......
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Damn. Nate has forgotten the slamming that he got from Rory, a legit 170 pounder, that sent him back down to fight guys his own size. I'm in no way suggesting that Brown would suplex him into oblivion like Rory did, but the 170 pound contenders are just too large for him and over-power him by a wide margin. It is sad that Nate's role model brother is potentially hampering his career by filling his head with the idea that he somehow deserves that ability to call out whoever he wants without doing the work to deserve the match. Calling out the potential number one contender in a different division with such a long layoff is pretty radical. And his stance to just sit out unless he gets what he wants (more of his role models tactics), is even crazier. What a waste of talent by both of the Diaz's in my opinion.

10. Default

Amazing what stupid does

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information